Page status, a new way to keep your team informed!

97 comments

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

giphy

Tim Lamoureux April 4, 2023

I like the idea of the page status but fail to see how it is any better than adding the status as text in the title of a page. At least with a text status in the title, I can filter pages and find those that have the text "needs review".

Multiple people hinted they want a report on page status but I haven't found a feature request for it. Does it exist?

Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Dear Community,

We at Midori have been working one a Confluence app (for 2 years!) that provides Confluence page statuses much smarter than this relatively simplistic concept available in Confluence Cloud. Our app is actually the next-generation cloud version of our popular Data Center app that has been available for 15 years and used by many teams, from startups to giga-enterprises! We built all our prior experience and end-user feedback into the cloud version.

It addresses many critics mentioned in this thread like:

Here is our report page, for example:

confluence-cloud-view-expired-pages.gif

It displays counts and percentage, scales to large number of spaces/contents, can be filtered by content type (pages/blog posts/both), filtered by text matched against space key and space name. It  also shows you the list of the contents in a given space and status.

Or, here is our status display above each page or blog, with analytics and immediate actions to update/confirm/expire/archive the page:

content-status-indicator-cloud.gif

But there is much more! (And we are just at the beginning, our backlog is full of great ideas.)

Read the documentation or try it free now. Happy status tracking!

Like Kalin U likes this
Heidi Hendry May 15, 2023

Kathryn.Wells June 21, 2023

Love this feature! It would be great if this same statuses could be rolled up into a report displaying:

• Content Name
  • Content Status
  • Assignee
  • Last edit date

I think a few other folks have asked for something similar, but I'm enthusiastically chiming in with my 2cents!

Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2023

@Kathryn_Wells You can build that report with the Content Status List macro!

Macros-Better-Content-Archiving-for-Confluence-Midori.png

As it is a macro with configurable parameters, you can add multiple instances with different parameters to a Confluence page and use that as dashboard.

Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 3, 2023

Happy Friday, Atlassian Community @Kalin U @Klaus Ergert @Uday Joshi @Sophie Tessier @Jonathan Yee  @Matt Meissner @Matthew McGarity @Ari Velazquez @Reinhard Mayr @Vladan Radmilovic @Charlie Misonne @Dario Ligero @DanielRafyi @Linda Stolk @Davide Legacci @Guillaume Cheseaux @Tim Lamoureux @Kathryn_Wells 

Our team of Handy Macros for Confluence app team loves dynamic statuses and has some handy tools for the mentioned use cases in the form of Handy Page Status Report to complement our Handy Page Status as a few examples of macros that comes in our app's bundle.    HPSR.png

The data can be organized in a separate report based on:

• Confluence spaces where the status is set
  • Handy Page Status sets
  • Handy Page Status options
  • Confluence users who set the status
  • Handy Page Status dates

Feel free to check out Handy Macros for Confluence on the Atlassian Marketplace to see if this app can be a good fit for your needs and use cases. 

Have a lovely Friday,

Anastasia

Like # people like this
Melanie Liguet November 21, 2023

Hi @Sam Ugulava , 
Can I Show a list of page + Status in the overview page?

Like Scott Gerdes likes this
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2023

Hi @Melanie Liguet ,

You can't show a list of pages and status in the overview page.  No idea why Atlassian has not implemented this feature.

In order to do this you need an addon like our Document Metadata for Confluence Cloud (paid, free trial) or one of the other paid addons on the marketplace.

Like # people like this
Scott Gerdes December 19, 2023

@Sam Ugulava any update on when you will be able to include the page status as part of reporting or dashboards?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Scott Gerdes January 24, 2024

@Sam Ugulava any update on this enhancement?

C_ Dicker January 30, 2024

Using the status in reports and search filter is crucial. Otherwise the status isn't really helpful. Please implement this features.

Like # people like this
Stephen McGeown March 15, 2024

Hi there, I'm using Confluence Cloud and although I can see the ability to set up statuses in the space settings, and even customize them, I just don't see the ability to set the status on any of the actual pages within my space! Am I going mad? Please let me know how to actually use the feature.

Here are screenshots of the space settings for Content Statuses and an example page with seemingly no option for actually setting a status.

If anybody can point me to where I'm going wrong, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks!

Like Scott Gerdes likes this
Scott Gerdes March 15, 2024

@Atlassian any update on this feature?

Like Stephen McGeown likes this
Stephen McGeown March 15, 2024

@Scott Gerdes- did they actually roll out this feature or not? Confused about the whole thing.

Like Lucas Mazzino likes this
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 18, 2024

@Stephen McGeown @Scott Gerdes 

You need to open the page up for editing first. Then you can change the status at the top of the page.

By the way, the built-in status feature is limited to 5 centrally managed statuses. Will 5 statuses be sufficient for your workflows?
If you are interested in a more professional, flexible, and purpose-built Confluence page status experience with reporting and automatically refreshing statuses, I recommend this comprehensive blog on the subject.

Like Stephen McGeown likes this
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
March 18, 2024

Greetings to @Scott Gerdes @Stephen McGeown @C_ Dicker, and all Confluence users in this thread!

If you are considering Atlassian third-party apps to resolve your use case, you can look at Handy Macros for Confluence. It has a powerful Handy Page Status. It indicates the documentation status on top of the Confluence pages similar to the native status. But you get lots of advanced features in our macro:

• create an unlimited number of status sets with unlimited options to fit in your every workflow
  • reuse status sets across spaces for consistency
  • track the history of page status changes in one click to immediately see the bottleneck
  • search for pages in a certain status by multiple criteria using our Page Status Report
  • create notifications for page statuses without updates for a long time using Confluence Automation

If you are interested, here's an article for your further reference. 

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Stephen McGeown March 18, 2024

Thank you @Levente Szabo _Midori_  - I eventually saw the ability to set the status in edit mode in a context menu. Was looking for it up at the top and side :-)

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
March 19, 2024

@Stephen McGeown That's great to hear. I'm still curious though: are 5 statuses enough for your content management workflow or to achieve what you want in terms of page status management?

Urs Hess April 17, 2024

I was happy when I discovered the option to add a status - and even create a custom status!

Next, I was utterly disappointed when I realized I cannot find all the pages I gave such a status!
I want my users to mark a page with requires updating and then find those pages again!

Can't be too hard, can it?

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

@Urs Hess You can - simply create a Confluence Database with a list of all pages in your space and you'll get your status pages in one place.

Here's my article on how to do that - you just need to configure the columns to match your needs.

Urs Hess April 22, 2024

Thanks @Kristian Klima , but manually adding all pages to  "DB" - not an option.
But I'm sure the DB will develop in the direction of actually being a DB and naturally support import and filter functionality.
Until then, we'll mark pages as outdated and whoever sees it, sees it.
That's already a small improvement.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events