Notion → Confluence bulk importer

UPDATE 2024-06-13

The early access program will close in two weeks (Wednesday 26 June), so please get in touch ASAP if you're interested!

Hi everyone! 

I'm a product manager for Confluence. I'm excited to share that we have a new bulk importer tool built to move content from Notion to Confluence Cloud.

We're launching an Early Access Program, and looking for customers to get involved.

• The importer can support 10,000s of pages, preserving page hierarchy, formatting, images, attachments, page comments, page permissions and more.
  • Links and users (e.g. page authors, commenters and @mentioned users) are remapped.
  • You can import an entire Notion workspace (each teamspace becomes a new Confluence space) or just part of a Notion workspace.

If you're looking to migrate from Notion to Confluence, and are interested in being involved in the EAP, let me know. You'll get access to the new tool before it's generally available, and your feedback will help shape our priorities.

Interested? Email us, or comment here with any questions.

15 comments

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2024

Just waiting for one thing: database imports...

Like # people like this
Matt Dolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2024

@Dave Mathijs I hear you. 

Currently, Notion database views will be imported as tables on a page, with entries imported as subpages. Also, Confluence Databases do support CSV imports — albeit one at a time. So those may be helpful for some people.

Adding the ability to import databases en masse from Notion into Confluence Databases is planned for the future.

Like # people like this
wkennedy June 4, 2024

Oh yes.. Does it handle the inline Comments? Are they attributed to the user when moved?

How does it handle Header Images? Title Emojis?

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2024
Like # people like this
Matt Dolan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2024

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ haha, that's awesome — thanks for making & sharing that! Just showed it to the rest of the team; we all enjoyed it. Appreciate you getting the word out about the importer EAP.

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Matt Dolan
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2024

@wkennedy no inline comments yet, just page comments (‘top of page discussions’ in Notion parlance). But those comments are attributed to the correct user, yes.

Right now, header images and title emojis currently get imported as images on the page, rather than as page covers & page emojis. It's on our list of things we'd like to support better — when we get to implementing that largely depends on how important it is to customers. (So if header images and emojis are critical to anyone else, let me know!)

Like # people like this
wkennedy June 7, 2024

Emoji and Covers are pretty important without Notion in the mix.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-75784 : Ability to add Emoji to a Page title via REST API

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73414: Ability to add Page Header image in Template

Like # people like this
허성민
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2024

I'm very interested in this feature and would appreciate some guidance on how to join the program;

Matt Dolan
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2024

Hi @허성민, thanks for your interest. If you could please email my colleague, Tiffany, we can get you set up on the early access program.

Like # people like this
허성민
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2024

hi @Matt Dolan ,Thank you for your feedback.

I've sent an email to @Tiffany Chung , and hope for a good outcome.

Yury Bakalets
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 25, 2024

Hi! @Matt Dolan 

I sent an e-mail to @Tiffany Chung but I didn't receive a response. How can I find out the details of participating in the program? Our team is very interested in this feature.

Puneet Arora
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 25, 2024

@Matt Dolan  I sent an email to @Tiffany Chung . Waiting for a reply. Would love to get access to this sooner.

Yaniv June 26, 2024

I'd like to hear what you have to suggest on this matter

Chris A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 26, 2024

I emailled to join the early access program too - can we still take part?

Tiffany Chung
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2024

Hi all, 

Thank you for your interest in the EAP program and for providing valuable feedback. We have now concluded the program and will no longer hold additional sessions from those already booked. Our focus is now on enhancing the Notion Importer for an improved experience.

Thank you once again for your support. Stay tuned for future developments as we prepare for the general availability release!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events