New! Collect simple work requests in Confluence

Hi Community!

I’m excited to share that you can now fill out Jira Work Management forms within Confluence! By simply pasting the form link into a page, the Smart Link feature will automatically generate an embedded view of the form within the Confluence page.

image-20221202-194422.png

Whether it’s requests for an upcoming marketing campaign, financial expenses, or creative assets, Jira Work Management makes it simple with a drag-and-drop form builder. The form is fully interactive within your Confluence page, so you can fill in details, attach files to the form, and add context all in one place.

We hope that this saves you some hassle from switching between tabs and makes your workflow just a bit smoother. It’s a new way that Jira Work Management and Confluence are working together, and we’re excited to continue strengthening the integrations between these two tools! Check out this post too for more updates in Jira Work Management.

Please leave any feedback in the comments, and stay tuned for more Jira Work Management x Confluence releases to come!

12 comments

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Great addition!

I'm curious, is this only for JWM and not JSM?
(Or have JSM forms been able to be embedded since before?)

Like # people like this
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Maybe I was dreaming, but some weeks ago, I pasted a JSM link into a Confluence page and the form was embedded!

But it does not work any more.

So either I was dreaming or Atlassian had rolled this out but then removed the feature again?

Like Liam Kirby likes this
Liam Kirby January 6, 2023

I had JWM forms linked/embedded in a Confluence page, and now they are blocked by a "You don’t have access to this project" screen for all users, including myself, and I'm a full admin for our Atlassian instance. 

I don't believe that any permissions or access settings have changed. @Cindy Ji any help would be appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.20.44 PM.png

Like # people like this
Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2023

@Liam I‘m experiencing the same issue

Paulo F.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Martin Boehme / @Liam Kirby I've seen another customer affected by this, so I've went ahead and raised a bug report for it:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-75115

Feel free to raise a support ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact referencing it so we can review your site with more detail.

Cheers,
Paulo

Like Martin Boehme likes this
Paulo F.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2023

Hi everyone,

The ability to view embedded Jira Work Management Forms on Confluence pages has been confirmed to be working again. If you're still facing issues please contact our Support Team (https://support.atlassian.com/support)

Cheers,
Paulo | Atlassian Support

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Kayla Barnes January 27, 2023

@Tobias H did you ever get a confirmation of if you can embed JSM forms in Confluence?

Like Miriam Hopton likes this
Kayla Barnes January 27, 2023

@Martin Boehme did your JSM link ever start working again? If yes, can you share how you embedded it in Confluence? Thank you!

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2023

@Kayla Barnes  Sadly not :(

Florian Franke February 19, 2023

Any news, if this works also for JSM-Forms?

William Wilson May 9, 2023

This would be useful... If it didn't hamstring you from being able to adjust the size. I add my form and it shows up in a tiny tiny iframe inside my Confluence page.

I have a scroll down in my scroll down. Come on... This is Atlassian <-> Atlassian. And you can't even embed a page properly?

Does this team even have any self-respect anymore? How can a dev work for Atlassian and actually be proud of that, at this point. 

Someone is crapping the bed here. 

crap products.png

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 30, 2023

Smart Links are getting so good! We just had to make a short video about some of the latest features: https://youtube.com/shorts/XqpYkWp0zgw?si=F3lDXDJb1a6GH6nz

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events