Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loads of awesome new Smart Links now available in Confluence, Jira, and Trello

I’m Jonno, a Product Manager for the editor in our cloud products. I’m here to announce some more exciting improvements to Smart Links!

As a recap, Smart Links reveal additional context about links you dropped in a Confluence page…without ever leaving that Confluence page! That means being able to see pertinent link information (like file title, type, location, date last updated, etc) without ever opening that link in a new tab.

Over the past few months, we’ve been adding more awesome Smart Link experiences to help you GSD (get stuff done). Want to embed a Miro board? We’ve got you. A Figma design? No worries. And more.

For all the awesomeness these new links brought, you’ve told us that something was missing. Actually, you’ve told us many things were missing. Specifically, Smart Link experiences for the most popular websites like YouTube, Twitter, Loom, Wikipedia, and Facebook.

Well…we’ve got news for you! We’re happy to announce we’ve released a whole bag of the most requested Smart Links, all at once!

image-20210223-034109.png

You can now Smart Link your favourite content in from sites such as:

• YouTube

• Instagram

• Facebook

• Wikipedia

• Loom

• Amazon Docs

• Calendly

• LinkedIn

• Overflow

• Twitter

• Medium

• Spotify

• Zillow

• and more!

What’s even better, for many of them, you can choose to show them as an embed! Blow up that video on the page so everyone can appreciate your cat videos as much as you do.

There are still hundreds thousands of new Smart Link experiences we plan to bring you for all your favorite tools. Keep your eyes peeled and tell us what other links you’d like us to support in the comments below.

P.S. All these awesome new link experiences are also available as Link cards in Trello.

9 comments

Dan Ireland March 17, 2021

Cool feature, couldn't get it to work for first Linked-in article link I tried, but worked for another Linked-in link.  It did work for YouTube video, too.

bryan.phillips March 17, 2021

I tried linking to our business properties (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram). None allowed me to embed, show as a card, etc... just regular hyperlinks.

Brian Watts
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

When does this make its way to Data Center? Thank you

Like # people like this
Max Sudik April 10, 2021

Miro boards don't work....

Fredrik Oviedo May 18, 2021

Is there any plan to make Smart Links work on your Confluence Enterprise/Server solution?

Like Ethan Strauss likes this
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Any plans on making Smart Links work for pages when they are viewed publicly/anonymously? Currently they do not work and in fact break. For example:

smartlinknotworking.png

Cécile July 12, 2021

Are Smart links only available for Cloud ? I am trying to put a link to a Miro board in a Confluence page but no option "display as embed" / display as card on the link. It remains as a simple url link. Thanks for your feedback !  

Like sachin likes this
Chris Kurker August 19, 2021

I connected my account to Confluence and use Dropbox smart links a lot! Can people who view my page and don't have their Dropbox account connected to Confluence still see the preview that i selected?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events