Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Confluence Daily Digest!

99 comments

Nick Sievert August 16, 2022

@DA please consider giving admins the ability to opt users out of receiving the daily digest (and other emails). For most users we can guide them through the process of updating their email preferences, but for members of the C-suite, they expect us to be able to opt them out rather than guiding them through the process. 

Like # people like this
Schneider, Stefan August 20, 2022

Big shit. I dislike receiving Mails or notifications Never demanded. Just keep it configured off. Those want it could switch it on!

Like ronald_bergmann likes this
Monica Burris August 23, 2022

Hello, We need to be able to disable the daily (and updated) confluence emails for our organization globally. 

If specific people do need it, say admin users, then that's fine, But the admin users need to be able to disable it for others. 

Has anyone figured out how to disable that email globally ? 

Thanks in advance! 

Like # people like this
Saskia Nagel August 24, 2022

@DA Is it possible to change the language of the daily digest to german? 

Like # people like this
Kevin Ball August 26, 2022

You shouldn't unilaterally change the setting for people - by all means introduce a new feature, but don't switch me without my consent and make me struggle to find how to switch it back!  I turned on email notifications for a reason.

Like # people like this
Saskia Nagel August 31, 2022

@DA Is it possible to change the language of the daily digest to german? Thanks 

chastitie.brim September 8, 2022

Re: an above reply - The Confluence Daily Digest is only a summary of page updates across all of the pages and spaces you're watching, and is sent instead of individual page update emails, saving you a ton of room in your inbox. - This is not a "summary of page updates". This is a summary of pages that have been updated. I need to see the updates.

Like # people like this
Miriam Hopton September 9, 2022

LOVE this and thank you for the great post explaining about it. So happy to hear you listened to feedback. I LOVE THIS new feature!! Our company will be super happy: Less email = great. 

Atlassian team rocks!! 

Mouhamed MOUDAR September 11, 2022

this will help us to avoid spending time to check what have been changed. 

thanks team 

Tomas Reyes September 13, 2022

Yes, Thank you for this feature, Love it. 

Tomas

Настя Новоселова September 14, 2022

Hi, previously i got mails with marked in green parts of text (what was changed exactly) through the whole page, that i'm watching. it was very useful! now i get just the info that some updates were been done. but i havent changed my settings. how can i figure out of this issue? thanx in advance :) 

Like # people like this
Brian Loos September 20, 2022

Atlassian will be sending a daily e-mail to avoid sending as many e-mails? I was not receiving e-mails from Atlassian on a daily basis so I will be receiving more unneeded e-mails from Atlassian.

Brian Loos September 20, 2022

As a bonu8s I just received three more unneeded e-mails from Atlassian.

Klaus Rennecke September 21, 2022

@DAthe digest is useless to me as long as it does not link to the page differences. I have no time to read through all the stuff I'm watching time and time again. The delta emails were just right.

And it seems I must disable that "feature" for each and every Confuence instance even though this is a cloud thing only.

If you want to lure people into the cloud, make features really useful. Which starts by assessing what you are replacing. Whatever your science measured, it did not include why people enabled the watches in the first place.

Like # people like this
-Todd September 21, 2022

So I'm guessing this change broke the following?

"Show changed content

Check this option to see changes made in Edit notification emails."
We no longer receive these emails and it seems to coincide with this change.
Anyone from Atlassian able to confirm?
EDIT: Confirmed, turning this off fixes getting the edit notifications. Bad implementation imo.
Like # people like this
Linda Coleman September 22, 2022

I am the TA for MN and kenneth.clucas@state.mn.us indicated he is not receiving the Daily Digest.

Can you confirm if he is registered to receive the Daily Digest and if not,

can you either register him or provide directions for him to register?

Thank you, Linda Coleman at lcoleman@tistatech.com 

Peter Quick September 27, 2022

Hello,

The date stamps in the digest email do not reflect the actual date of the page updates, there's a significant difference.

For example, here's a digest email body declaring updates on Sunday, Sept 25. The email arrived Tuesday, 27 Sept. The actual pages edits happened Monday, 26 Sept.

2022-09-27 18_49_03-FW_ [Confluence] Daily Digest - Message (HTML).png

Our site time zone is Sydney, Oz time. 

Jakub Chodorowicz September 30, 2022

Without snippets showing, what has actually changed this is a bit useless for me. I would need to go to every page and look at page history to see what has actually changed.

Like # people like this
Mo Dickson October 3, 2022

It's handy but I can no longer easily see the changes, which is often what I'm interested in.

Anna October 14, 2022

Hello, I tried to unsubscribe from this but the option is missing in the email settings. How do I unsubscribe from this?

Like # people like this
Kevin Selker October 18, 2022

Hello Atlassian,

As is clear by reading above, many users including myself received this unwanted SPAM without opting-in and have no way to disable it.  Please remove/roll-back this "feature," until it works as expected and users can control it. 

I have not subscribed to anything like this, and yet I receive it.  

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 16.31.04.png

Lars October 20, 2022

Good function - but only if I had wanted it.
Any email from a system is spam  - in MY mind. So for me to like this it should have been a suitable popup inside Confluence informing me about the feature - NOT by auto enabling the feature for me.

Yes, I found how to disable the feature - but that's beside the point

Like # people like this
Susan Parker November 2, 2022

Do not like this email digest at all.  I want to go directly to the comparison (like I used to get) so that I can see exactly WHAT has been changed.  It's useless to me to know something has changed w/o having the handy highlight of what text was updated/added/deleted.  This is a real regression.

Like # people like this
Buck November 3, 2022

Without the content of the changes made, the Daily Digest doesn't save any time or effort; in fact, it makes it harder to be aware of changes.

With Daily Updates, I get more emails, but I also get the content that I need to see (the diffs/changes in the pages).

With Daily Digest, I get fewer emails, but the changes in the pages are essentially hidden, more so than they were before. I now have to:

1. Click on an update link in the Daily Digest
  2. Click on the "..." ellipsis button
  3. Click Page History
  4. Select the current version
  5. Select the previous version
  6. Click Compare selected versions
  7. Scan the (sometimes lengthy) page for content that is highlighted

This adds at least 5 steps to my previous workflow, for each update.

Proposed Solution: include the "diffs" (what changed) in the Daily Digest. (Could be an option you allow users to turn on/off; see the image below.)

Daily Digest - Added Email Setting .jpg

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

Hi @DA ,

Is there any option to disable digest emails for all users from site admin side ? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events