Introducing the Confluence Daily Digest!

99 comments

Jim Hong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2022

Is there any way to receive this summary as a Confluence page and not only by email?

Thanks,

Like ronald_bergmann likes this
Hugo CHARLES
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 26, 2022

It's a nice feature and it would be even nicer if the "Space" of each page was mentioned somewhere in it.

In big organization a lot of pages have the same name across space so the digest is sometimes hard to read because I don't know from which space the page has been updated (since it has the same name).

Christine Absil January 6, 2023

I cannot understand the (tiny?) difference between
* Subscribe to daily updates

"You will receive a daily email report summarising all changes that you have permission to view."
and
* Subscribe to a daily digest
"Receive a single daily email with all updates across pages, blog posts, and spaces you’re watching. Uncheck this option if you prefer to receive separate notifications for each update as they happen."
First is plural, second not, but both are daily... and seem to have the same content... 
Tim Lynch (TMS)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 31, 2023

How do I turn this Daily Digest off?  I work in a large company and do not have a need nor desire to receive these.  thanks.

Stan Jonsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 10, 2023

Greetings @DA, I find the Confluence Daily Digest emails helpful to keep a track of edits that my teammates make to my pages or new content they create. But yesterday, the only content of the email was 3 notifications about edits that I had made to my own pages! Obviously, that email is a waste of my time. I don't need to be told what work I did yesterday! That's what daily stand-ups are for (hehe :-).  Please change the Daily Digest to exclude changes that the email recipient performed themselves. Or, at the very least, make it configurable.

Keep up the good work!

Igor Cibiac
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 13, 2023

Terá envio de e-mail para todo grupo quando? Pois não são todos que recebem.

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

@Stan Jonsson Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I wondering if you have a setting turned on under settings (Go to your profile picture --> Settings --> email --> edit) There is a setting called: Notify on my actions You will receive notifications for changes you make, in addition to other people’s changes.
Go ahead and turn that off and you should not be receiving notifications on your own changes, including daily digest

Let me know if that works! 

@Stan Jonsson Hello again, I am the owner on Digest notifications so feel free to ping me. So there was a recent bug that caused users to get notified on their own actions even when they had the setting turned off. However that was fixed earlier this week so it should be working as expected now. 

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

@Tim Lynch (TMS) You can go to under settings: (Go to your profile picture --> Settings --> email --> edit) and turn off the digest setting. 

Like # people like this
Stan Jonsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 15, 2023

@DA The Notify on my actions setting was already turned off, so that is not the issue

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2023

@Hugo CHARLES Hi Hugo, thanks for the feedback - we are working on revamping some of the features and doing a design overhaul within digest and it will include space names and links to spaces in the future! 

Hugo CHARLES
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 16, 2023

@Nancy ShaoThanks, I'm glad my feedback was taken into account.

Jayne Licata
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 18, 2023

Seems useful to me

Shana Blackstone March 1, 2023

@Nancy Shao  We are wondering if we can control the time when the Daily Updates or Daily Digest is sent. We see the Daily Digest hit our inboxes at about 10am EST.  This is distracting as it is in the middle of our morning work.

We would like to see these emails in our inboxes early in the morning, prior to 8 AM EST, at least. As a company, we are working very hard on reducing the number of emails that we send. We are hoping we can put info into Confluence, and then every employee could see an update email in the morning. We'd like everyone to start their day with the latest "news". 

Thank you.

Jen March 14, 2023

Is anyone having issues with this report?  I've relied on the former "Daily Update" report for years.  I have subscribed to both but looks like the "Daily Update" report is no longer a thing.

I didn't receive anything for days from the "Daily Digest"

Like # people like this
Jorge Pinto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 13, 2023

Not sure why but after upgrading to Confluence Cloud, my daily digest notification does not included changes that I did. Only what other worked on.

Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2023

@Shana Blackstone Hey Shana, Daily Digest is sent at the user's time zone preference at 7am. I think if you change your settings to ET, it should sent you and your team's emails at 7am. Please let me know if this works!

Leah Ditchfield April 18, 2023

Hi @DA / @Nancy Shao 

Have any improvements been made to the daily digest to allow recipients of the email to see what changes were made to the pages? Either on the email itself or when you click into the page?

Our processes are constantly changing/updating, so at present the daily digest isn't overly helpful for my team.

Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Some may have already heard that we have just released the cloud version of our popular content lifecycle management app called Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud.

Notifications, an important configurable module in it, solves several critics mentioned in this thread:

configure-notification-scheme-cloud.png

• You can use your preferred schedule.
  • You can use a CQL query to select the contents for the email.
  • You can fully customize the email content. (This is an easy to read list grouped by space, out of the box.)
  • You can choose the recipients.
  • (Multiple notifications can be grouped to a scheme, which then can be applied to any space. There is even a default scheme for newly selected spaces.)

If you have a notification use case, read the documentation and try it free!

Keren Spong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 29, 2023

am I missing something - the link from the one daily email doesnt show me what has changed on the page - it just links to the page.

How do I know what has changed on the page?

I'm not receiving the individual page change updates, just the daily summary. And have therefore lost the important information that was easy to see.

Like # people like this
Shana Blackstone May 31, 2023

Holy bananas! Imagine my surprise when I saw the daily digest this morning, and it has not only "View changes" for EACH page listed but ALSO a link to the Notifications section of Atlassian. (Including Jira, which we also use.) 

Yes! One email lets me check changes and notifications right when I start my day. This is what we wanted. We do a Friday company email at the end of the day to reduce email throughout the week and keep everyone in the know via links to Confluence pages. We will definitely give this feature its own section in that email this week and ask everyone to use it. 

Thank you for making improvements based on our feedback!

Like # people like this
Nancy Shao
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2023

@Shana Blackstone So happy to hear that it's useful for your company! Please keep giving feedback so we can continue to iterate and evolve our features to become better! 

Like # people like this
Alessandro Cermesoni
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 14, 2023

@DA  e @Nancy Shao it's possible personalize a Daily Summary or create in some way a customized newsletter with article items? Do you have any suggestions on this?

Paul van den Biggelaar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 27, 2023

it does not work . the option to unsubscribe is greyed out. 

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 29, 2024

@Alessandro Cermesoni since you didn't get a response in 7 months, allow me to chime in. I also have been hearing this question a lot, especially since Atlassian introduced the new Daily Digest email and changed/improved the Confluence email notifications.

Confluence notification emails are not customizable and it's unlikely that Atlassian will undo any of the recent changes around notification settings.

That's why it's important to highlight your options.

This blog on alternative Confluence Daily Digest contains suggestions of what you (and many others!) are looking for, among other things:

1. Change the schedule of the daily digest email (send to multiple teams at different times of day, weekly instead of daily, etc.)

2. Customize the template of the email (add your content to create a newsletter experience, translate the daily digest to your language )

3. Use CQL to be more selective about included pages (not limited to watched pages or what you contributed to, exclude blogs or certain users, etc.)

20240124-schedule-confluence-daily-digest-email.png

(Midori's Better Content Archiving has always been able to provide a way to customize Confluence notification emails. It has more significance now that the new Daily Digest doesn't cover everyone's needs and took away some of the best features of the previous daily update email.)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events