Introducing Table Visualization! Quickly turn Confluence tables into compelling charts

82 comments

Dean Capp June 14, 2022

Would prefer if you would fix the basics first:

• able to copy and paste in the same table properly!!!!!!
  • table formatting
  • etc.

Until the basics work tables in Jira are rubbish

Like Alex Barnaba likes this
Mark Barcham June 14, 2022

Great!  But will be better when it can use Date formatted fields in the table.  I would have thought that would have been thought of already...? 

Like # people like this
Rebecca Streitz June 14, 2022

I love this! Is it possible to switch the X and Y axis? I have a very straightforward time series by release where time is across the top and releases are down the first column, but it insists on displaying the data with releases on the X axis and the time series as the individual legend items.

Like Alan Zarnegar likes this
Sundara Rao Damaraju June 14, 2022

Great article.  Do we have feature like analyzing what-if scenarios? Control charts? 

Vishal Bhatnagar June 14, 2022

This is real good news  

Like Sam Ugulava likes this
Uday Joshi June 14, 2022

This is really nice work, Team! 👍🏼

Santiago M_ Gonzalez Souto June 14, 2022

It is a great contribution.
I hope it evolves with the suggestions in the comments.

Alex Barnaba June 14, 2022

Can't wait to see this feature on my pages!

Rodrigo Torres June 15, 2022

I loved this! 

Schneider, Stefan June 15, 2022

So you propose to use confluence as a reporting tool? But how to get my data in? Are there connectors to ETL tools? Which? Typing data in a table and span a chart over it is already covered by any spreadsheet, why do I need confluence for this?

Like Tami Dubi likes this
Anthony Halford June 15, 2022

Is this live on all versions of Confluence Cloud? 

Oswaldo June 15, 2022

Oh my goooooooooooood! Thank you! :D

MarielleH June 15, 2022

Nice nice !

But what about also fixing Content Table Report ? 

Fuwang Chen June 17, 2022

I created a table; added a chart. But donot see the option to link the data source? Is this feature available now?

Jayaraj Wilson June 19, 2022

This is a great start! Any way I can get it to start represent dates?

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

Could we make a list of external (3rd party editors) plugins which can be "replaced" by this awesome new feature?

I'm thinking about 'Table Filter and Charts', 'BobSwift Advanced Tables'.

Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

@Fuwang Chen In the menu at the bottom of your table, where you normally have icons to edit and to delete, you should see a third option - the icon is a little bar graph. By creating the chart from the table edit options there, the data source is linked to the chart.

Insert Chart Icon.png

That said, it's supposed to roll out to everyone over the course of the month, so it may not quite be ready on your instance yet. 

Stephanie Ong June 21, 2022

It would be really nice if it had options like sum vs count. Pivot table sounds good too. 

Like # people like this
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2022

Not for DC ? :(

Dede K June 25, 2022

Hi, excellent features!

Would it be appreciated if these features support the JIRA query because the numbers will be auto-updated, so we do not need to update the numbers manually.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 3.12.14 PM.png

Akros Informatik June 25, 2022

Why are the gif animations not readable??

It's nice to see such good-looking features, but they will not stop us from moving away from Atlassian.
Far, far away.

1st, Atlassian has no Quality assurance: Atlassian does not fix all those hundreds of bugs that are 10+ years old - and annoying every single day.

In fact, this means: Atlassian does not respect customers.

2nd: 7 years ago, Atlassian pricing was fair. Today, Atlassian hopes to have a lot of locked-in customers, so that they pay almost every price.

Martin Sauter June 26, 2022

This feature is very welcome and nicely implemented. Thank you!

Leanne Downs June 27, 2022

...and please don't forget the functionality for the basics - some mentioned above, but also, to re-order tables, drag and drop rows and columns.   

When I watched video, I noticed that May copied and pasted a table from Google sheets.....that's because the basic table functionality in Confluence is still lacking.  

Tim Braxton June 29, 2022

The Table Filter & Charts app still works a lot better.  With this new integrated "Table Visualization", you cannot filter the table in view mode and have the chart automatically change to represent the filter you applied.  Sorting also has to happen before you put the table data on the page.  For example, if you are building a timeline, date values have to be in ascending order prior to saving - if you want a line chart to show your values along the timeline properly.  Please say I am wrong about this and I have overlooked something (if true).  Baby steps are good though (which still probably took a lot of effort) - and it is much appreciated! ;)  Thanks!

Edit: Here is an example of what I can do with the Table Filter and Charts app for Confluence:

The first one shows a Time Line of the last sales in a neighborhood for all three types of "Model" homes.  The second one shows the last sales for each home of a particular "Model".  225 homes total.  When I hover over a point, I see the date and price for that point.  These filters work in "View" mode for the Confluence page.  For now, I will stick with Table Filter and Charts.  Maybe you all need to partner with them like you did with Insight for Asset Management in Jira Service Management - just don't charge us more, please ;)

Table Filter and Charts App Example001.pngTable Filter and Charts App Example002.png

Like # people like this
Vanessa Scott July 3, 2022

When will this feature be fully deployed?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events