Introducing External Collaboration for Confluence

57 comments

Pedro Hernandes July 16, 2021

If we were to pay, why the external tho?

Lisa Grau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

That's a great development, but I agree, occupying licenses would be a problem. Read-only for guests is a highly appreciated feature for many of my customers.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Williams July 21, 2021

I feel there's an opportunity here to allow access to a specific page or branch of pages within a space.

The current method seems to be to create a specific spaces for collaboration, it can get complicated if you're working with multiple 3rd parties and some content they should all be able to access and some only on party.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

Interesting for sure but I can’t see upgrading to premium for this feature in my current business. I have had maybe 2 instances where I needed to share externally and that was temporary so I simply made them users and then revoked when done.

Like Pedro Hernandes likes this
Mara Finkelstein July 22, 2021

When you use the guest collaborator feature do they have access to an entire space or can you limit it to one page only?

michael August 6, 2021

@hilarydub I would like to register for the EAP but get the message "Sorry, this survey is not currently active." 

Will it be re-opened anytime soon? We would really like this feature.

On another note we would also be mostly interested in read-only license at a discounted fee.

Like Julia B -Doc Queen likes this
Mike August 25, 2021

What is the timeline for adding the External Collaboration feature to Data Center as well?

To finally get rid of third-party tools doing this job and respecting customer privacy and GDPR compliance.

Our company is really looking forward to a solution to allow access for our customers and vendors and this is currently a show stopper.

David Demostene September 13, 2021

We've worked on a really neat process to create our release notes with enriched information on a customer specific base.

Saddly we're stuck with finalized notes and not able to get them to our customers due to an missing functionality to export jira macros with attachments. 

When we would be able to grant specific customer users ready only access to certain confluence spaces or share a confluence link (also read only) protected with a password our issue would be fixed. 

At this moment we're sharing a lot of information  to externals via pdf export and email. Therefore a lot of information are lost in breaking the toolchain and we would love the possibility to grant external sources read-only access to our confluence. Pricing would be a big point - we should be able to grant guest access without using extra licenses - an upgrade to confluence premium would be ok.

@hilarydub I've theres a possibility to join the closed experimental group we would love to be a part of it. We're a small medical grade software engineering company and would therefore have a good view on a intereseting user group.

Like Karine Houbrix likes this
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2021

We have a similar situation to David's.  Right now we are using an old Confluence Server setup with custom SSO that allows specific customers to access product docs and release notes.  Since Server is EOL Feb. 2024, the teams are looking for a new platform for sharing docs with clients.  I want to recommend Confluence Cloud, but we need support for the B2B docs use case.  Our products are financial and we can't have release notes and other stuff open to the internet like a B2C product can.  

Like # people like this
michael September 13, 2021

@hilarydub any update? It seems more people are interested to start using this feature! :)

Markus Raab September 18, 2021

I am jumping between tools ... Confluence, Notion, Coda, ... as a freelancer I am collaborating with clients and want to use a single tool for it (structure information and create content, project planning, etc.).

However, it does not make sense to sign up for a big plan (premium, enterprise) as a sole proprietor.

I tested a couple of months to share a page with an external email address in the free plan (same goes for the standard plan).

The terrifying result: the entire space was visible to the external person.

hilarydub
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2021

Thanks for your feedback everyone! We hear you and have extended the EAP to continue incorporating your feedback.

We've addressed the most frequently asked questions in this FAQ post in the EAP community group - please check it out and continue to let us know how we can make this feature the best it can be.

Like Alex Janes likes this
Brendan McKinney November 15, 2021

@hilarydub This feature sounds great & would be a hit with my team. We constantly have the need to invite our customers to collaborate within Confluence. I would like to trial run this before we bite the bullet on Premium. Would there be any way I can find my way into this early access program? The Qualtrics survey seems to be down.

Henryk Lippert November 21, 2021

External collaboration is nonsense in the way it is planned to beeing introduced. This feature should be part of the standard features or standard plan as it is a must have.

But now you have to change into premium with the double price for the whole company + for external users (which are at all limited users). 
If this will be the real deal we are changing our wiki solution.

Sorry Atlassian, but you are moving the wrong way.

Like # people like this
michael November 22, 2021

@Henryk Lippert Fully agree! 

christine_stpierre December 14, 2021

When is this expected to release?

Julia B -Doc Queen December 17, 2021

@hilarydub The Qualtrics form link is broken. I need to sign up for this asap. Could you provide a new link? Also, how long is the expected wait time to be approved for the private group? Thank you so much for any help you can provide! - JAB

Nathan Phelps December 22, 2021

If this EAP is still going on I would very much appreciate an invite! ;)

Dave Kelly December 27, 2021

Read only would be great

Vinicius
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hey y'all!

This is Vinicius, your good friend from the Confluence Cloud support team! :D

We would just like to let you people know that the early access program for this feature is no longer open for susbcribers.

This feature is going to be released very soon, so stay tuned for the updates about to come!

Daniel Howard January 6, 2022

The Qualtrics form is expired. Are you still signing up testers? We have a use case ...

-danny

Deleted user February 7, 2022

Early access program is expired. We have a use case as well. 

Kevin Schwarz February 11, 2022

@Vinicius can you be a bit more detailed regarding "released very soon" - next weeks, month, years? :D For us this is a must feature.

Bob Deleeck February 18, 2022

What is "released very soon", we would need this feature to signup.

Like # people like this
Dale Thorne March 17, 2022

Any update on this?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events