Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert multiple excerpts from the same page

52 comments

Tobias Richter November 10, 2021

Cool, this will reduce Copy & Paste Content a lot, thanks. 

Like Sekajipo Taplah likes this
Tobias Peter November 10, 2021

this is a very useful function , thanks for the implementation

regards, Tobias

Gonul Arslan-Schnabel November 10, 2021

Is this title below intentional or is there a typo? Reading the rest of the article indicates Except should be Excerpt.

How can I use multiple Except macros? 

Vinicius Nunes Menti November 10, 2021

I've tried checking this out, but the font becomes smaller when you create an excerpt, which is not cool if you just want to avoid making multiple changes to the same text in different pages.

Stephen Ellwood November 10, 2021

This is as it should be. Good to see Atlassian listening to its customers. 

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2021

giphy.gif

Dominik Schimanski November 10, 2021

Can the excerpt contain a pdf file?

Stephen Ellwood November 10, 2021

Actually I have a question.  For the moment I have a Python script which writes a page containing a lot of tables which need individually referencing from other pages.  Since this was impossible up to now I also write each table as a separate page, so having 2 copies of each table in the database. Can you tell me the markup syntax of how to wrap each table in an excerpt macro so that I can now do what I want and have a single source of truth which is one page with all of the tables in it?

Vincent Thomas November 16, 2021

Dommage que le style des caractères n'est pas respectés.

Le même texte encodé dedans et en dehors d'une telle macro n'a pas le même résultat à l'affichage!!

Le texte est plus petit si intégré dans cette macro!

Candace Chi-Tsunozaki November 16, 2021

Thank you for adding this as a basic feature!  

Note: this doesn't fully have the identical functions as the paid MultiExcerpt App, because it is limited to the same space (cannot share across spaces).

Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2021

Hi @Martin Sauter

Thanks for taking the time to add more context and share examples alongside your feedback. We know that a subset of customers may have difficulties if there's no drop down list with excerpts names. 

Adding a drop down list was considered and discussed during the development process. We decided that we would put it in a V2 for a future update, and give customers value with the version we have today. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have future questions, I'm always here to listen and support however I can !

Like Markus Topi likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2021

@Tobias Maierhofer glad you liked it !!

Vasil Vaskouski November 24, 2021

I have waited for this feature for 11 years =)

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

@Sekajipo Taplahgreat feature, but is there any chance that this font size issue will be addressed soon?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66591

This 'bug' actually prevents users in our company to use excerpt macro.

Like Vincent Thomas likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2022

@Tomislav Tobijas thanks for informing us! We've roadmapped that bug and it will be worked on in the near future.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Stephen Ellwood February 9, 2022

I just posted a question on this subject:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-send-a-page-including-an-excerpt-macro-using-Python-Rest/qaq-p/1939010#M233613

I would like to automatically create a page with multiple excerpts but have not found a way to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Angela L_ March 4, 2022

When will this feature be available for Data Center? 

Like # people like this
Steve Ungar May 9, 2022

@Sekajipo Taplah any update on availability on releasing this for Server/Data Center?  I'm trying to build a page that would need this feature.  Thanks! 

Like # people like this
Robin Powell August 1, 2022

We have need for this as well on Server. I've been looking for a way to do this for a while, and I was super excited to see this article - until I realized it was Cloud only. 

Like # people like this
Debbie Britton August 23, 2022

Is it possible to receive an update on if this multiple excerpt functionality will be added to Server?  Thanks

Like Karl Johan Lindahl likes this
madhusudhan_besthagodugu August 29, 2022

I can't use Excerpt macro with in a table column. Is there a way to use it. But, i can use Include Excerpt with in a table column.

Karl Johan Lindahl September 7, 2022

When will this feature be avalible in Data Center?

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

so it's only for Cloud?

in Server, I can't add an excerpt macro name:

image.png

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2022

@Alexander Pappert , it appears only in the Cloud version of Confluence. The author introduced himself as being on the Confluence Cloud team, and the post itself has been labelled "cloud" and "confluence-cloud". Yes, multiple excerpts in Confluence Server is not yet there, I can confirm from my own experience.

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
William Ruiz March 13, 2023

Is this feature for the Excerpt Macro version dependent? If yes, then which version do I require to utilize it? 

Currently running 7.13.7 and there is no “Name” field option. 

Please advise.

Thank you

William

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events