Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import an excel file into Confluence using Elements Spreadsheet

Do you want to make your team collaborate on beautiful spreadsheets by integrating your Excel files directly into your Confluence documents?

Image1.png

Here are a few simple steps on how to do it using Elements Spreadsheet:

1. Go to your Confluence page where you want to import your Excel file and insert the Spreadsheet macro.

2. Then, select "Import file".

Create a Spreadsheet by importing an Excel file

3. Click on the "Browse" button to select your Excel document on your computer.

Browse files to create a new Spreadsheet

4. Once your file is selected. Click on the "Ok" button to start importing your document.

5. Your document is now fully ready to be edited from your Confluence page in the Spreadsheet editor.

Image2.png

The app fully embraces the Confluence tables look & feel – you can even use Date Pickers and @mentions in your tables.

If you want to see what else you can do with Elements Spreadsheet, be sure to check out our documentation.

Interested in trying the app? You can find our product page right here.

17 comments

Deleted user December 23, 2021

What if someone updates the file itself, rather than through the macro? I imagine the changes will not sync automatically?

Like Jason Hills likes this
Deleted user January 26, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

True, the file imported into Elements Spreadsheet is not synchronized with the original one. Can you share with us which features you are expecting to retriveve into our app rather than using Excel? We may fill these needs.

Deleted user January 26, 2022
Deleted user February 9, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

Unfortunately we are not able to synchronize yet, thus we have integrated excel-like features in order to let your modify your Spreadsheet into our macro. If you need more information, you can easily contact directly our team to help you with your use case.

Regards,

Vanthika

Guido Coenders April 13, 2022

Is this only available for the server version? I seem to have some issues getting this done in Confluence Cloud

Deleted user April 20, 2022

Hi @Guido Coenders

You should be able to import an Excel file on Confluence cloud as well. If you have any issue with, we have a dedicated support portal where you can raise a ticket, so that our team will be able to investigate deeper and find out a solution to enable your file's import. 

ggoldenb May 5, 2022

Hello, I got strange error when try to upload xlsx file

Elements Spreadsheet

Error while uploading file, please check that the format is supported

please advise

Deleted user May 5, 2022

Hi @ggoldenb

Sorry for this inconvenience. Could you report this issue in our dedicated support portal? We will handle it ASAP. 

임지연 May 12, 2022

Hello, I have a question about uploading files

when I upload excel file into Confluence page, I can change the excel file with using name of it (like hyperlinks), but today, I can't change it. just I can upload excel file with thumbnails. it is uncomfortable to look at

if anybody knows about uploading file with using name, please tell me the ways. Thank you

Michael Kolodziej September 16, 2022

Completely inaccurate as usual.

Deleted user September 16, 2022

Hi @Michael Kolodziej

I am the Product Manager of Elements Spreadsheet. I am sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with our product.

To better understand your issue, could you please precise the platform you are using? You should know that we have recently released a new version on the cloud including the update of our macro creation UI. All the steps to import an Excel file are described in our documentation.

Also, if you have any other feedback, I would like to invite you to book a slot with me for sharing it. It is more than welcome. We are valuing the voice of our customers to better fill their needs.

Kind regards,

Vanthika

Ørjan Ibs Eriksen December 14, 2022

All our Elements Spreadsheets in Confluence have suddenly gone missing from one day to the next? What has happened and how do we get them back?

Deleted user December 14, 2022

Hi @Ørjan Ibs Eriksen

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. May I ask you to raise an issue on the support portal: https://support.elements-apps.com/login? So we can handle it and fix it ASAP once we reproduce the case?

Many thanks for your understanding.

Ørjan Ibs Eriksen December 14, 2022

Hi Vanthika. I don't seem to be able to log on with my Atlassian user. The missing Elements spreadsheets is available as normal for colleagues, but just not for me, if that helps.

Deleted user December 14, 2022

@Ørjan Ibs Eriksen

If you do not have the right with your Atlassian user, you can send an email to the address: support@elements-apps.com. So we can link.

Pete St_ Martin March 3, 2023

I don't see any macro called Spreadsheet or Element Spreadsheet. 

Is this still a thing?

Juliette Lallement _Elements Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Pete St_ Martin 

Actually, Elements Spreadsheet is a Marketplace app. It's free up to 10 users and you can benefit from a one-month free trial. 

Feel free to book a 30-min call to my calendar if you have any questions or need a demo. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events