📚 Earn the ‘Automate All the Things’ community kudos badge!

45 comments

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2024

I had to watch the recording and it was terrific! My initial thought Wow; it is so easy to use Confluence Automation! I will definitely use it to clean up some of my spaces and remind me to do other important tasks that I only think about when I view a page in Confluence. Thanks K15 team for sharing your knowledge with the world! 

Like • # people like this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2024

There's a lot to explore - especially as we're yet to transition to Premium - but in the realm of Product Documentation... there's a ton to explore when it comes to workflow and approval processes, especially when it comes to Marketplace apps and Jira integration.

Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2024

The first thing I have to say is I celebrate the fun and exciting spirit with which @Matt Reiner _K15t_  explains things, he makes it so close that it is difficult not to want to try it.
I'm left with three things, automations for:

1.- Meeting improvement
2.- Retrospectives
3.- Communications to users

Thank you very much for the video and all the information you share, very good job ðŸ’™

Harrison Ponce June 14, 2024

Learned some new tricks for fancy if/branching logic and smart values~!

Mary Kuka-Marchese
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2024

Loved this!  Just watched it on replay and there are sooo many things I am looking forward to trying.  I think I may start with an automation to find owners of pages who are inactive users.  

Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2024

Enjoyed watching the video.  I have been playing with automation for a while and enjoy discovering new features as they sneak in.

Tomislav "Tobi" Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2024

We've recently started to use Automation on one of our instances and while it's pretty basic, it's definitely a huge time saver - mostly when it comes to auto-creating MM pages and/or adding labels.

Also, as it was mentioned, a really powerful feature is manual trigger in the content manager. Really love it! 😄

David Cowley June 15, 2024

For me looking at the time that and administrator could potentially save all our users in the things they are doing manually today and/or the things that they should be doing but aren't. The idea of automating the addition of labels or similar content tagging to aid in organization and discovery is particularly compelling.

George Fagaras June 17, 2024

Love this intersection of Live Learning ACE Events + Kudos Challenges. During the session I just created the automation for archiving pages older than 2 years. Now I'm looking forward using automation for de-activating inactive user accounts. 

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2024

We use Confluence to pull together status updates that need to show point of time updates for our Trustees and file with the regulator so every 2 weeks we have to update the queries that pull together the information and it would be great to be able to automate these.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2024

I would love to see something on advanced branching.  

Jenny Valentine
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2024

My main use case is to automate our process documentation peer review workflow and next will be our BI report peer review workflow. I'm using automations starting in Confluence that trigger further automations in Jira. When the procedure template is published in Confluence and is ready for peer review, a manual trigger is used to create Jira issues that track the peer review process and then trigger an approval workflow. The automations add comments to the Jira Epic at each step in the process and send emails to individuals or to a Teams channel where needed.

I'm able to get Jira to write comments back to the original Confluence page at the initial stages, which is amazing, but it would be even better if automations could link the Jira Epic to the Confluence page and update the table in the Confluence page with the current Jira ticket status.

Loving the automations and can't wait for more to be added!

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2024

I'm working on implementing content management automations. Things like, requesting page owners review/update inactive pages, archiving old pages, and updating page statuses.

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2024

we have automated groups creation for jira through confluence

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2024

I was on vacation during this Live Learning Session.  Will it be offered again?

Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2024

@Laurie Sciutti we should be doing another one again in a couple months :) 

Ingo Volkhausen July 2, 2024

Automation is like the good old MS macros in the beginning of the 90s. Very useful for the business users and always upgrade able :-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

My latest thing to learn is lookup tables. I think I will find these very useful. Just completed a rule that does counts of issues and then updates a field with a score based on the count of the number of issues using the lookupIssues function. 

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2024

Being able to use information in one project to update information in another project is very useful.  If a customer reports a bug in our JSM project, when that bug is fixed in our Jira Development project, an Automation sends a message to the JSM Assignee that it was fixed.

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2024

I think my biggest learning about Confluence automation is that we now can use Automation for Confluence in tandem with Automation for Jira and visa versa.
This is amazing as we can now populate Confluence pages based on Jira tickets or the other way around. The new add with using whiteboards in automation is also a great add.

All of the new tricks will be helpful for system of work!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events