📚 Earn the ‘Automate All the Things’ community kudos badge!

Join us for a Live Learning session for Automations in Confluence with the one and only @Matt Reiner _K15t_, and earn a community kudos badge for sharing a bit about what you’ve learned or are excited about!

We’re looking forward to hearing more about how you plan to use Automations in Confluence and learning more about what excites you.

The instructions are simple:

• Attend the June 12th session live (or watch the recording at your convenience!)

• Come back to this post and share your use cases for automations, tips on what you learned, or one you’re excited to try

• That’s it! You’ve earned the badge!

Automate All The Things.png
"Automate All The Things" kudos badge

38 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2024

Love this intersection of Live Learning ACE Events + Kudos Challenges. I won't be able to make it live, but will certainly be watching a replay.

Like • # people like this
Nikola Perisic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2024

My use cases:

• Notify space owners when a page needs to be reviewed or archived when it is inactive (this can be for example if it wasn't updated for 6 months)
  • Keep content relevant by automatically adding labels or categories to pages based on specific keywords

I have learned more about the scheduled automations and also CQL. Looking forward for more AI options.

Jessica Kelishes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

I want to use automation for sprint ceremonies like retrospective notes spaces and repeating meetings. Thank you for the great training! 

Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2024

I'm Pretty excited to test and use automation. 

And whiteboards + automation?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Whiteboards/Automations-now-include-Whiteboards/ba-p/2694110

noice!

thanks K15t Team!

Stacey Hamilton June 12, 2024

I learned about manual triggers and how you can access automation right from an individual page. Great presentation and lots of good information!

Giulia Erica Valente
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2024

Just Learned how to share a page as soon as I create it in order to  share it with my colleagues so they can contribute to the meeting page! wonderful!

Everton Siqueira June 12, 2024

There are so many possibilities hat it blew my mind. Looking forward to start using it.

Debbie Rodrigues
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2024

I use automation in Confluence mainly to create new pages (for recurring meetings), to notify the participants, and to remind me of follow-up actions.

Leandro Azevedo June 12, 2024

A good tip from Matt was about sending an email to a user for pages that was not updated for a long while. This answered my #automatethis question that I posted in the beginning of the chat. Thanks, Matt! The livestram was outstanding

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2024

Wow, the livestream was great! I learned so much about the different types of things you can automate and that there is so much more to investigate. It prompted me to think of many use cases where automation would help me out.

pam_hite_wbd_com June 12, 2024

during the Livestream, I successfully created an Automation rule using smart values, adding a label to a newly published page on condition and sent a message to our TEAMs channel !  Great session Matt :)

Cecilia Kerst
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2024

I have been manually creating a follow-up email to share meeting notes and will look into setting the automation to do it. I also am interested in looking into the branches to use to clean up our instance where pages are inactive.

Colon_ Valeriana _Contractor_ June 12, 2024

I learned so much from the course! My favorite protip was on accessing quick automations directly from your confluence page.

Laura Humphries June 12, 2024

I learned that I need to keep up with all the Confluence automation update goodness! All the things that I tried to do last year but couldn't due to no available functionality are now possible! Like:

• Find pages owned by inactive users and either change the page owner or send an email to the space administrators
  • When a page is ready for approval, use a manual trigger to prompt the user for an email address which will automation will then send an email to requesting approval
  • When pages have not been updated in X amount of time, archive them and send a list of those pages to the confluence administrators

Absolutely loved the webinar. 

Imro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2024

My very important case right now is:

• Clean up Confluence. (After all the migration that we did from server to cloud)

Thanks again, i've learned a lot and will share it with my team. 

Wael June 12, 2024

Love the idea of preparation before action, not only is helpful for when creating automation with minimal errors but also helps document so that others can follow and when needed, take-over.

Automation is meant to make things easier, more fun and remove time waster tasks, specially when you automate to run on Schedule and take bulk actions. i.e. Notify page owners of no activity for an X period of time on their pages + with a follow-up action to Archive those pages.

Automation is also a great way to keep things tidy, structured and up-to-date, more so if you're using AI to standardize labels and tags through keywords and page content, or share summaries on a weekly basis of the latest. 

As always, great session with @Matt Reiner; the energy and passion to share the knowledge is beautiful, thank you!

Heidi Solja
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2024

I learned a lot of new ways to use automation today. I'm really excited to try it for archiving and different AI actions. Thanks for the great live stream and the conversations in the chat +information the upcoming features!

Rachel Nicole Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2024

I'm looking forward to diving into notifications and archiving to figure out how we can automate those processes. I'm also going to explore more of the capabilities, as Matt touched on a lot and I'm looking forward to rabbitholing

Amit Bhola June 12, 2024

I like the automation of meeting notes on confluence where its automatically send Action items and Summary of meeting.

Amy Carey June 12, 2024

Our organization has used automation to apply labels to our blog per the year created. Thereafter, we created separate pages with Filter by Label macro to list each years' blogs.

In the future we may implement an automation for Verified pages to help manage out of date/not reviewed in a while content.

alertsLabelYear.png

Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2024

Thank you so much for sharing that amazing knowledge! 

As a Content Manager, I have always known and used the power of automations in Jira. JIra automations streamline my workflow by automating the creation of tickets for articles, including briefings, images, writing, and proofreading. Additionally, for our monthly newsletters, automation triggers at the beginning of each month ensure timely and organized content distribution.

Discovering the same capabilities in Confluence has been a game-changer. 

From now on, I will sure use the Confluence automation as well for specific events as page creation, user mentions or scheduled times. This is so amazing. Still not over what I didn't know the past years. Thank you! ðŸš€

Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 13, 2024

I've learned so much!
But I loved that @Avinoam was very active in the chat and spoilered some upcoming features for Confluence Automations I'm very excited about!

Michiel De Meyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 13, 2024

It was very interesting and entertaining to watch, Matt is a great host.

We will start looking into automating our recurring meeting notes.

D_ van den IJssel June 13, 2024

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ I would love, if not already available :{{D, an Confluence automation to adjust the filters of all the 'Jira Issue/Filter' macro's on a specific page, for instance to change the 'Component' value or 'Label' value.

We have some templates which use a couple of 'Jira Issue/Filter' macro's and it is very time consuming, error prone, to each time adjust all the macro's individually.

When will it be introduced in to DC?

Tyler Krzanowski June 13, 2024

Manual triggers are very nice!

I created one in JSM when we are waiting for reporters to respond to the ticket.  We can go days without a response from the reporter.  Instead of waiting until they respond, I created a manual trigger that sends the reporter an email letting them know their response is needed. 

People tend to forget the tickets they entered and is no longer a priority for them.  We need to close the tickets out so we when need a response, we run the trigger and it sends the reporter an email asking for a follow up.  After a few days with no response, we send a second and final email notifying them that the ticket will be closed out in a few days if there is no response.  

This has saved us a lot of time trying to reach out to the reporter on different formats asking for an update.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events