Did someone say "Embeddable Manual Triggers"?!?! 🤯

👋 Avinoam from Confluence Automation here again, and today, with something that'll allow you to take automation anywhere and place it at the fingertips of your users where they are - Introducing:

Embeddable Manual Triggers! 🍾

What does this mean?

Why we built this

Many of you already leverage manual triggers today to allow your users to quickly run automations on pages in service of both making sure content is always up to date and in order to streamline collaboration.

However, we've heard from so many of you that it's extremely challenging to ask your users to take action on certain pages (i.e. changing the status, adding a label, copying it, making a quick edit, etc) either because they have so many things they already have to do or it's just not easy enough for them to find how to take action.

Task delegation: unlocked

With the new "Create link from manual trigger" action admins can quickly create a smart value for any of their manual triggers and embed them, well, pretty much anywhere (email, slack, teams, Jira issue, etc). This allows admins to bring manual triggers to where their users are so that they can simply click them, for example - directly from within an email, and that's it - they're done. No more need to open a new page and find a status, label, or manual trigger.

A quick use case example: Getting users to update the status and label of inactive pages

This rule is designed to find pages that are inactive and send an email to the page owner asking them to change the page status to "ready for review" and the label to "inactive". Instead of me asking the user receiving the email to open the link in the email and manually make the changes, I can now include a link to the my manual trigger that does that in the click of a button.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.48.11 PM.png

Here I've added the new Create link from manual trigger action to my branch, and in it I've selected my manual trigger rule which changes the status to "ready for review" and label to "inactive", and I name it "add-label-change-status" which will create a smart value output which I can access through my newly created smart value "{{actionableLink-add-label-change-status}}".

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.54.54 PM.png

Lastly, I paste my manual trigger link into my email which will allow the page owner to simply click it and automatically have the page's status and label changed accordingly.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.56.07 PM.png

Here we can see the manual trigger link directly in the sent email:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.58.12 PM.png

And once I click the email - voila! it'll take me straight to the manual trigger for this specific page and once clicked, the page status and label will change automatically!

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 2.59.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 3.00.01 PM.png

When will this be available?

This is fully available and live for all Premium and Enterprise Confluence customers with AI enabled and we hope you find these new automated AI-powered labels valuable in your mission to always keep your content up to date!

We want to hear from you!

We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post 🙏

3 comments

Hey Avinoam, this is really cool! I always like your posts here. I hope you don't mind:

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

Avinoam, Avinoam, Avinoam, Avinoam...

Best regards,

Jan

Like # people like this
Avinoam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

@Jan Kuntscher - appanvil - Aura Karma Mantra if there was a badge for it (maybe there is) I would give it to you for best comment on Community ever! :) 

Like # people like this

@AvinoamI would love to see an automation feature for deleting page versions, keeping either only the newest version or the original (v1). Is this something that's on your roadmap?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events