Create Confluence pages without leaving your Jira issue!

Update March 13: We've temporarily rolled back the feature to make some improvements before releasing it to general availability by the end of the month. We appreciate your patience!

Hi Community friends 👋! I’m Elsie, a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

A few months back, we launched the ability to view and edit Confluence pages without leaving your Jira issue, and your response has been incredible! Hundreds of thousands of you have been using the integration to gain context for your tasks and projects. 

That’s why today, I’m thrilled to share that by year-end, Confluence and Jira users will also be able to create new Confluence pages without leaving the Jira issue they're working on

Note: This update is not supported on server products.

How do I get started? 

If you use both Confluence and Jira, you'll find two new 'Create' buttons on the Issue View in Jira Software and Jira Work Management.

To create a Confluence page:

[Issue View M2] Admin Newsletter Asset.png

1. Click the new 'Create' button below the issue title and choose ‘Page’ from the dropdown menu.
  2. Or, click the '+' button in the 'Confluence content' section, then select the 'Create in Confluence' link at the bottom. Choose ‘Page’ from the dropdown menu.

After clicking ‘Create,’ a pop-up will guide you to enter a title and select a space or parent page. Then, you can start creating within an embedded Confluence editor with rich editing capabilities!

See it in action ðŸª„

[Issue View M2] Create Entrypoint 1 with cursor - updated (2).gif

The same experience applies when you create from the ‘Confluence content’ section:

[Issue View M2] Create Entrypoint 2 with cursor - updated.gif

Parting thoughts 💭

Whether you're adding product requirements, drafting a testing report, documenting a product decision, or capturing meeting notes – this update aims to make it easier to add the context your team needs to tackle tasks and projects effectively.

As always, your input is invaluable as we work on making Jira and Confluence better together for your team. If you have questions or feedback, please leave a comment below!

Sneak peek: Confluence Whiteboards are coming soon to Jira 👀

Noticed the ‘Whiteboards BETA' option in the Create Page flow? Confluence Whiteboards will soon be available in Jira! This means you’ll be able to visualize ideas, concepts, and workflows without having to leave Jira. Learn more here.

6 comments

Todd Thomas January 4, 2024

Very cool. Will this functionality be arriving in Jira Service Management as well?

james January 10, 2024

@Elsie Wang It appears there is a bug in this, whereby custom templates are not displayed in the Templates when using this feature.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Cannot-use-custom-Templates-with-Create-in-Confluence-button-in/qaq-p/2576243#M666200

Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2024

Hi @james, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll investigate this. 

Like • james likes this
Elsie Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2024

@Todd Thomas We do not have a concrete timeline for bringing this integration to JSM yet, but will keep this thread updated should plans change! 

Todd Thomas January 30, 2024

Dang. Having agents being able to create documentation as they help customers is a great workflow that would be very useful. Hopefully this functionality can be extended into Jira Service Management, as well.

Jamie MacDonald January 31, 2024

I know I'm late and this was from December but . . .

I finally had a chance to play around with this feature. While it seems like a small thing, I find it significant and customers will love it.

Like • Elsie Wang likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events