Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

WORK-1224 zoom background.jpg

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life?

With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes. 🙋‍♀️

In the United States alone, 60% of workers say they struggle to maintain a healthy balance between their professional and personal lives, with roughly half of workers admitting they check in or complete work after non-business hours.

Even further, a significant 77% of workers have experienced burnout. Burnout not only impacts productivity, it hurts our physical and mental health, relationships, creativity… and the list goes on. It’s clear that the way we work needs to change to adapt to the changing priorities and for our best well-being today.

While we (unfortunately) can’t control for all of the circumstances that demand time and energy in our personal and professional lives, we do know starting small and building healthy habits can help alleviate or prevent symptoms of burnout.

That’s why we’re excited to bring you Work and Wellness, a multi-month series of activities, resources, and expert discussions centered around creating a mindful relationship between your work and your wellbeing.

Whether you’re looking to prioritize your mental health at work, feeling overstretched from the demands of a career + caregiving, or are struggling to set boundaries and take time away from work, this series is for you.

We’ll be sharing ways that your team can use Confluence to create a culture that prioritizes the wellbeing of team members through effective async collaboration. Our hope is that you walk away walk away feeling more connected with healthier work habits, a more organized and calming work environment, and new strategies for working smarter, not harder.

As this series wraps up this August, stay tuned for how you can use Confluence to prepare everything you need within your work environment in order to join us in taking a National Confluence Day Off!

Check out our new Work & Wellness hub and keep an eye out for activities that will go live below each month, starting with our webinar in partnership with MURAL + Loom!

June

• 🗓 June 10: 💬 Kick-off discussion
  • 🗓 June 15: ⚖️ 💙 Webinar with Confluence, MURAL, and Loom – Finding Balance with Async Collaboration

July

August

Work and Wellness Badge

Those who participate in our Work and Wellness activities will also receive the limited edition Work and Wellness badge!

work and wellness badge.png

Can we count you in? Drop a GIF in the comments that describes your current state of work-life integration!

68 comments

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2022

@Meg Bailey This is really a great initiative. I will look for the activities and try to participate

Like # people like this
Justin Peter June 11, 2022

@Meg Bailey I really appreciate you for this good initiative! thanks

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

While reading your article I am already thinking on how to implement the same strategy in our team. Thank you @Meg Bailey for this priceless initiative! Looking to learn a lot from it.

Work Life.png

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Super excited with this badge visual and the entire concept of work and wellness. I'm in to this concept and will mark my calendar for the joining dates.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Funny, I totally missed this post, and am finally getting around to reading it.

And as I engage with the kick-off discussion (12 days late!) the start of the post is "ICYMI". 🤣

Thanks for bringing wellness to the forefront, it's important to never forget that we're not machines.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

This is really a great initiative. 

Looking forward to the joining dates.

Like Meg Bailey likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

Thank you for starting this. We all struggle with new way of work (because of pandemic) which is mostly remote now and having multiple problems e.g easily balance how much time focus on work and personal activities.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

857BCAA5-2E4F-4E2D-9CC4-2474461440E7.gif

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

Interesting!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

1_ekL9t9o2wYe7rnSbYXG_Pg.gif

Like # people like this
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

@Meg Bailey – this a really interesting initiative! 

Like # people like this
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

The struggle is real! 😅 Thanks for bringing attention to this topic.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

Hi @Meg Bailey , I just came across this post. Certainly a tall order you are tackling and I applaud your efforts. Sorry to have missed the initial steps. 😕

Like # people like this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

work-social-life_2.gif

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

@Meg Bailey Really appreciates for a great initiative and i am super excited about this.

Balance Life And Work GIF - Balance Life And Work Stickman GIFs

Like # people like this
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2022

Great idea. It's hard to keep the balance, when there is always something waiting on the todo list in work and in personal time

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2022

This is a great idea! My company does Wellness activities like this. Every month has a theme. This month is back and muscle health. I love these types of things because they are very motivating to me! I also have a great work/life balance, which is not easy, but I achieve it because it is important for my health! 

images.jfif

Like # people like this
Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 29, 2022

I'm super excited for this campaign and it's perfect to start in the summer!

Like # people like this
Thorsten Klein June 30, 2022

Good work!

Like # people like this
Jetendra Ivaturi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2022

Hello, 

Will this session be recorded, and can we get the link here?

Thanks,

Jeets

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Excited to participate and learn more.  This is something that I think workers struggle with and companies have difficulty creating the correct culture around it. 

Like # people like this
Heather Ronnebeck
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2022

Camartins Eucamartins GIF - Camartins Eucamartins Carolmartins GIFs

Like # people like this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2022

This is a great idea, I will try to participate in the activities. work-life-balance

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2022

@Meg Bailey - do you know when the July activities will be availble?

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2022

I'm a little late to the party but I'm so excited to join the July activities!

When someone writes me a message that he/she has another project/task for me:

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events