Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Cloud Bug Fixes - January 2021

Hi, my name is Sai Ramanathan and I’m an Engineering Manager on Confluence Cloud. I’ve been with Atlassian for two and a half years and my team focuses on the editing experience inside Confluence.

The Confluence engineering team is constantly building new features that we regularly share with you on Community. In addition, we’re also continuously fixing bugs behind-the-scenes. Starting today, we’ll be sharing monthly updates with all the bugs found & fixed. Here are just SOME of the bugs we fixed in the last month.

FIXED: Import from Google Docs not working.

FIXED: Jira Issue Macro returns template error when using some Jira filters.

FIXED: Export to PDF/Word does not render Emojis.

FIXED: Icons aren't displaying properly when sourced from an excerpt.

FIXED: Children Display macro indents the contents when the child page has columns.

FIXED: When zooming in, the font size sometimes decreases to use less whitespace

FIXED: Decision Macro icon when Exporting to PDF overlays on text box

FIXED: Analytics quick view not working (Analytics inaccessible)

FIXED: Columns change width when bullet list is added

FIXED: Jira macro URL links not working according to configured display URL

You can find the whole list of bugs we fixed last month here. I hope the team’s work is making your Confluence experience better.

- Sai Ramanathan, Engineering Manager, Confluence

13 comments

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Sai Ramanathan 

Many thanks for your time and share with us this summary

Cheers

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

@Sai Ramanathan  I appreciate for the great work!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Sai Ramanathan great job :)

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2021

This will save us a lot of time, great work Atlassian Team!

Like # people like this
Sai Ramanathan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Thanks a lot for the encouraging words folks! The post for February is up - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Confluence-Cloud-Bug-Fixes-February-2021/ba-p/1598551

Martin Boehme
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2021

Is there something like this for Jira Cloud, too?

Like # people like this
Clem Wang February 10, 2021

Where do we file bugs?

It's driving me crazy will styling text as code.  It seems like confluence loves to merge the end of a previous line with the beginning of the next line (with no line feed or even a space.)

That means if I try to copy and paste code from a Confluence page, it's all messed up and I have to format it where I paste it.

Also... spacing between lines in formatted text is kind of random, and sometimes extra white space is put in between lines and sometimes not and it's not editable.

Yech.

Sai Ramanathan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

@Martin Boehme I will have the Jira Cloud team respond to that question.
@Clem Wang I’ve filed a ticket on your behalf. Please vote on it so the corresponding team can prioritize it accordingly.

Like # people like this
Aleksandr Paren February 11, 2021

Fixed new editor and got bugs in legacy. We had huge quantity pages in legacy editor, what we gonna do now? We can't migrate technical content for the new. Sad story

Cristhian Benitez February 12, 2021

I see a few  bugs in confluence, the support send me to a page for the bug that are ussually more than 6 month old.

I dont think this is very true. There are a lot of very old bugs.

And why do I have to vote to get one fixed? This is not an free or opensource tree, we are paying for this, so there is not need for a vote!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

@Cristhian Benitez - it's my understanding that voting is just one dimension of how Atlassian prioritizes their work (whether it's for feature development or bug fixes).

Like Sai Ramanathan likes this
Cristhian Benitez February 15, 2021

@Dave Liao Maybe, either way I am not happy with the way they prioritizes, they are too slow. If there are a bug it need to be fixed, no vote asked.

I am really disappointed because they have more bugs that they can handle. So they need to have less new bugs of more people fixing stuff!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Karl Feghali March 24, 2021

We need to have the issue with large tables with lots of rows fixed in editing mode. It takes around 10 to 15 sec to load the table and be able to edit on it and it takes around 40 to 50 sec for it to publish the changes which is very bad and frustrating. This should be of high priority.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events