Lars Bachmann: Atlassian Solution partner who literally works for Batman

bannernew.jpg

Hello Atlassian Community! The following post is the first of a weekly series called Community Spotlight. Every week, I'll post a Q+A style write-up that will shed light on some of the amazing folks contributing to this Community: who they are, what they do, and any other tidbits they'd like to share. (To be considered for one of these early Spotlights, write a quick intro on this thread). Community Spotlighters will, in return, receive free Atlassian swag along with eternal fame + glory. 

Why did I pick Lars to feature as our first Community Spotlight? Because he works for Batman. Mr. Philipp Batman, that is, making Lars a Police Commissioner figure at demicon GmbH, an Atlassian Solution Partner with locations in Stuttgart, Hamburg and Berlin. At demicon, Lars works as the Head of Sales and Marketing. In this Community Spotlight, you'll learn a bit more about Lars uses Atlassian products in his daily workflow in addition to his urgent need for a new striker on his football team. If you know of a spotlight-worthy Community member, tag them in the comments below! 

Hi Lars! Please share a few of the ways that Atlassian is involved in your daily workflow:

Lars: Much of my day's work is done in Confluence/Jira. That being said, we do create all our proposals with a custom solution. I use a number of add-ons to work as efficiently as possible. For example, I can create and send a new and “individual” proposal in less than 15 minutes. Here's how:

We use the ConfiForms add-on to select the type (Services, Managed Hosting, Licenses e.g.), select the Client and the Key Account for the client. With one press of a button, I can duplicate a template that creates a Confluence page and a Jira ticket––including all metadata. On the Confluence page, we have a macro (internally developed) to select from ready-made text-paragraphs we need to use. The standard, templated texts are on a different Confluence page. From there, the proposal can be exported with the PDF Template (using PDF Scroll Exporter by K15t) in perfect shape and with our Corporate Design of course, with extra custom pages (like Terms and Conditions) where the client eventually signs. In summary, this means I can create and send a new and “individual” proposal in less than 15 minutes.

And in case you're wondering...yes, the Jira workflow then triggers a bunch of next steps that lead to the creation of follow-up invoices, business reports with EasyBI, Structure and other Add-ons. 

Bottom-line: The sky’s the limit with what you can do in Confluence and Jira, but you need experience and several add-ons to do so. 

Here's a photo of Lar's desk, carefully watched over by Mr. Owl––A gift from his daughter: 

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.18.18 PM.png

And a bit more about who you (Lars) are, while we have you? 

Lars: Coming originally from the Nothern part of Germany, a small village close to Hamburg (can't you tell by my name?) I have lived in Berlin for almost 20 years now. I still manage to move my old bones twice a week to play in a famous (read: notorious) football club in Kreuzberg: Pulmon Negro. As manager of that team, I'm proud of the fact that we've won the amateur tournament in Amsterdam at WV-HEDW (Wilhelmina Vooruit-Hortus Eendracht Doet Winnen) 4 time. If you come to Berlin stop by at our demicon office for a chat in Krausenstraße 9.

If you have any further questions or kudos for Lars, please leave them in the comments below. Or contact him via LinkedIn. And as stated above, If you know of a spotlight-worthy Community member, tag them! In return, they'll receive Atlassian swag and eternal glory.  

7 comments

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

Hi Lars, congratulations on being the first Community Spotlight! Looking forward to seeing you again at an Atlassian User Group or elsewhere!

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

I just got back from Germany and spent a week in Berlin, wish I knew your team was there before.

Lars Bachmann November 22, 2017

@Stephen Deutsch- thx! Every AUG Berlin Brandenburg would work and the Summit of course.

@Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority- pls. contact me next time. Can guide you to the best spots in town :-)

Deleted user November 24, 2017

Hi Lars, Davin here from K15t. Thank you for the Scroll PDF Exporter mention!

I actually have a question about your use-case, could you please drop me a note when you have a minute? davin at k15t dot com

Cheers,

-Davin

Jojo Salazar April 3, 2018

@Bridget how can I get in touch with you about featuring someone for the Community Spotlight? :)

Lars Bachmann May 7, 2021

@Bridget pls delete the latest comment from that "Karel"

Btw: not working for Batman anymore :-) 

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 7, 2021

@Jojo Salazar shoot me an email! bsauer@atlassian.com :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events