πŸ‘ Atlympic Event: Confluence

Announcement @2x.png

Hello Community! 

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read more and sign up on this post.

AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

We are pleased to present the Confluence Atlympic Event: 

This challenge is simple - show us your best ever Confluence page! Screenshot your page and add it to a new post in the Confluence Collection. Add some details to your post about what your role is, what department you sit in, and how this page helped you collaborate better with your team. 

The top three posts with the most engagement (likes/views/comments) will win spots on the podium. Be sure to share your work with your team/friends/family to better your odds at taking home a medal! #atlympics 

We will work with gold medalists to have their page added as a template to our gallery. 

25 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Wow @Bridget , the celebration have already begun! Waiting for the opening ceremony time slot today to hear about this fun filled Atlympic.

Seems, it's time to start the work on this topic.

Like β€’ # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Bridget, can you link the page where we should post the screenshot. What's the "Confluence Collection" is it a group? Sorry, if this might be a dump question and I'm overseeing something.

Looking forward to this challenge!

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 23, 2021

@Svenja Lorenzen ! Linked in the post :) 

Guillaume De Smedt July 23, 2021

@Bridget - I see that it's the "Confluence Collection" is the standard group - what tag or title or info should we use to track the conversations related to Atlympic? Should we use #Atlympic in the tag or?

No such thing as a dumb question @Svenja Lorenzen :) (I too was slightly confused)

Like β€’ Bridget likes this
Kythera of Anevern July 24, 2021

This is gonna take some thought, and probably some creative editing. Due to NDAs and the like, posting my favorite practical, in-use-by-the-company Confluence page unedited is...more or less impossible.

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 24, 2021

@Guillaume De Smedt good question! I will sort through the posts made in the Confluence Collection during the Atlympic time frame, but definitely feel free to tag it as well! 

@Kythera of Anevern - totally get it! I've seen folks use a blur tool pretty effectively to edit out proprietary info! 

Feel free to email me (bsauer@atlassian.com) for help doing this :) 

Like β€’ Guillaume De Smedt likes this
Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

@Bridget , I also can't see where should we upload that in the Collection. Upon opening the link, I see only the general page, is that's the expectation? I can't see where to go and upload something... 

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 14.54.19.png

Like β€’ mcrefeld likes this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Yup .. Its not clear where to post.. I too get the same screen as @Anita Kalmane 

Bridget
Community Manager
July 26, 2021

@Ajay _view26_ + @Anita Kalmane - happy to help!

There are a few ways to create something on the Community - 

1. You can visit this link and select Confluence (or whatever product you want to write about) from the "What topic are you posting about?" drop down

2. You can click on the "start a topic" dropdown and select "Start a discussion" or "Write an article" (Not everyone has article-writing permissions - check out this post if you're interested in becoming an Atlassian Author) 

start.png

3. You can click this link directly to start a discussion

Hope that's helpful! 

Guillaume De Smedt July 26, 2021

Hey @Anita Kalmane and @Ajay _view26_ 

Feel free to click on "Start a discussion"

(Took me a bit to find the small sub-heading text myself :)start-discussion.png

Guillaume De Smedt July 26, 2021

Snap @Bridget :) 

John Donovan July 26, 2021

Awesome!  Thanks...

Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2021

Thanks for the clarifications, I've found how to do it and just published my entry! 

Kythera of Anevern July 27, 2021

@Bridget Thanks for the help offer! I'm no slouch with graphics programs, so I'm covered there. It's still gonna be tough if I have to blur out titles, photos, and body text. A screenshot full of blurred boxes that looks like an out-of-focus Mondrian probably isn't gonna win many points. ^_-

I may have to think of a way to rebuild something with creative dummy text in my private Confluence space and submit that. This is definitely part of the challenge for me.

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2021
Brian Corral July 28, 2021

Hello all, one more newb here

Bartosz Robakowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

@Bridget thanks for the details on how to participate :)

I've created a discussion about my first ever Confluence page I've written while I've started working in Atlassian: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Atlympic-Maciupkowo/td-p/1762875

Long story short, I've tried to help kittens in need with support from fellow Atlassians! :) Be the change you seek! heart

image-20210708-085105.png

Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2021

Hi,

here's my article about our regular meetings...

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2021
Guillaume De Smedt August 3, 2021

OK - finally - not as beautiful as @Svenja Lorenzen's masterpiece :) - but here is my submission for #Atlympic.

Really loved the resources that Atlassian made available early last year, so thought I'd share my tweak to one of their templates.

Enjoy it and hope that it allows you to connect with your colleagues as it has on our side: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Working-remotely-and-getting-to-know-your-colleagues/td-p/1767611

Like β€’ G subramanyam likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2021

Please find my article here- This is how we collaborate in confluence 

Like β€’ G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021
David _K15t_ August 6, 2021

That's a great idea for an Atlympics discipline!

Submitted an introduction of our Cloud Roadmap here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Product-Cloud-Roadmap-in-Confluence-Atlympics/m-p/1771150#M8728

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

so many beautiful posts. Thanks for sharing all.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events