Announcing changes to Microsoft Word import in Confluence

35 comments

Janet Dixon February 1, 2023

Someone else left this link, but I will leave it again.  https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/CONFCLOUD/issues/CONFCLOUD-75154?filter=allopenissues

This is the Jira ticket on fixing this broken enhancement.  Please go to this ticket and vote, watch, and leave a comment!! 

Like # people like this
Leanne Walker February 10, 2023

Let me add one more thing, our functional requirements docs are 100-150 pages each with tables, text and images.  We are now loading them without splitting the sections and the performance is terrible.  This is a bad user experience all around.

Like # people like this
Madi Kelsey February 15, 2023

I agree with many of the comments before me. The new import function has dropped in value for my team, as the ability to upload Word Documents and split by heading was an important step in many of our processes and procedures.

A two-minute job has now become a nightmare as we're having to physically upload over one-thousand individual pages. 

For me, the new function serves as a 'copy and paste' set up, rather than a structured process.

I hope Confluence are taking this feedback on board and considering either reverting to the past process, or updating the new process to include the previous benefits and aspects. 

Like # people like this
Rebecca Brooks May 3, 2023

We absolutely need the option to split Word docs by header. This function is the primary reason that we selected Confluence for our intranet. Since the Cloud can obviously support the split on existing Word docs that are migrated to the Cloud, why would you remove this option for those who need it. 

The loss of this functionality is a huge problem for us.

We also need to be able to import Word docs to an existing page. 

What is your suggestion for your customers who are heavy users of these functions? 

Please respond. The loss of this function is holding up our conversion to the Cloud.

Like Massimo_Ranzini likes this
Ralph Janke May 5, 2023

There is no import on top of the page with the following plugin enabled 

Screenshot 2023-05-05 215237.png

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2023

We just made a little 1 minute video on how to import a document into Confluence: https://youtube.com/shorts/juxT-cKDgJk
Might be helpful for sharing with teammates.

Angela Greaves August 9, 2023

This is a disaster. The documentation receives word input documents from the company pipeline, and it is HELL to import the content.

Importing a Word file that is 90+ pages (even if I split it into 3 smaller word documents) with alltogether cca 50 headings (on 3 levels) and several lists, nested lists, etc takes a week instead of a day. Thank you Confluence for not giving a rat's bum, and forcint the so-called development of the wiki product- so far I have seen only downgrades and unnecessary features added to your product in the past 4 years. I really regret standing up for picking your product back in the day when we had to choose between a 2000 USD structured tool license only one person can use, and this collaboration tool that used to be good in 2018. 

Pain in the ****.

Like John Lee likes this
Geert Bellekens September 27, 2023

We are nearing a year after this announcement, and still no sign of a solution. Anyone know of an alternative solution for importing documents split per heading level? 

Maybe someone made an add-in to replace the broken standard functionality?

Like Dermot O'Brien likes this
Fanny Tastet September 27, 2023

Hi @Geert Bellekens , since I am suffering a lot from the deletion of this functionnality :'( , I am using a workaround to import my word documents splitted by heading. I described it here. Hope it can help you :) !

Geert Bellekens September 27, 2023

@Fanny Tastet you are a lifesaver, thanks!

Like Fanny Tastet likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events