Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horizontal scrollbar is only at the end of 200+ row database, must move automatically like header

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

The database header moves automatically, when I scroll my 200+ rows.

The horizontal scrollbar is only at the end, so when I want to move horizontally

• at first I have to scroll at the end
  • then scroll horizontally
  • then scroll up again and find the row I was watching

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2024

@Alexander Pappert 

Interesting, as a Magic Trackpad user I never noticed that. Which is a workaround, in a way, if your touchpad/trackpad/mouse supports horizontal scrolling config.

I'd report a bug to Atlassian, I did the same with 'date sorting' which took cues from the alphabet rather than the calendar and they fixed it in about 10 days.

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2024

@Kristian Klima 

where do I report bugs to Atlassian. Thought I would do this here, it is the group for the Beta databases release ;)

Like Kristian Klima likes this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2024

@Alexander Pappert 

Logged in with my Atlassian account, I just went with the Contact Support option, as I was filling in the form, a chat window opened, talked to a Support Engineer about the experience, they quickly replicated the issue, created a ticket... and fixed the issue :) 

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
1 vote
Melanie Neuer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

I have exactly the same pain-point and would welcome a solution to this!

0 votes
Mac McCardle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2024

Hey Alexander,

I agree, this should be fixed as some users may not realise there are extra columns or not have access to other means of navigating the data. I've a few workarounds though:

1. If using a trackpad that supports horizontal scrolling, you can navigate around fairly easily. 
  2. If using a keyboard & mouse, shift + scroll will activate horizontal scrolling

I also note that some keyboard commands do not affect the DB, such as "page up, page down, home, end" - I am not in a position to advise if they are an accessibility requirement but I can see how navigating more complex views could be improved for all by adding compatibility for those keys. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events