Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@mention not working in tasks

Deleted user April 21, 2022

Hi all!

I just set up Confluence Cloud for a pilot at my new job.
Strangely, I can't get @metion to work in tasks.

When I type @mention as text, I can select and search teammembers.

When I type @, or click the @ icon in the editor, in a [] task, my cursor disappears, no @ is appears. I cannot type, nor can I tag or search. 

If I first type a few words in the [] task, and then type @, the @ does appear, but I cannot tag people.

I made sure my auto complete / format editor settings are unchecked.

Any ideas how to fix?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

First of all, you should be able to mention users that have access to Confluence. As first test, please try to mention yourself.

Did u try with a different browser? Can you try to clear your browser cache and try again?

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Deleted user April 21, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ , thanks for the swift reply <3

I managed to dig down deeper in the cause.

It works regardless of browser, coockies, history, etc. as long as I don't use the iCloud keychain add-on. If I use the add-on, it stops working in Edge, Chrome and other browser.

When I use the add-on, I cannot @mention people, neither can I create dates // in tasks. In text editor or comments it works fine, it just doesn't work when writing [] tasks.

Any tips?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022
Deleted user April 22, 2022

Thanks @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ !

Ive uninstalled the add-on, and will live with that :) 

Thanks for the effort!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

Happy to know that you solved your issue. Please mark my answer as accepted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events