i am not able to use anchor macro any more

kinjal.joshi@mvp1ventures.com December 4, 2019

more macros is not showing me anchor tab any more 

this is very important for documentation 

3 answers

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello kinjal.joshi@mvp1ventures.com !
Just updating what @Dominic Lagger  told us earlier. Manually creating anchors is not available for the new editor.

Confluence Cloud now has what is called “Linkable Headings”. This feature allows us to directly link headings created in our pages.
You can check more about this feature here:

One bigger note is that there is also the possibility of using the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE). This editor is available for all customers who need or want it. If you are not able to use it, there are ways for you to request it, as described here:

In the Legacy Editor the manual creation of anchors is still present as a feature.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

Hi kinjal.joshi@mvp1ventures.com

Just as an alternative approach - is there a reason it must be in the new editor?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a choice to use the new editor over classic view - when creating a page, you should be able to choose "Blank Page" which would be the classic version.

This version retains anchors in their original format - that way, you could build what you want for now :)

Ste

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

According to this answer, the anchor is no longer available for confluence cloud. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Anchor-Macro-Not-in-Confluence-Cloud/qaq-p/1019247

"They have been removed with no plans to bring back. The open request to bring them back has been closed. The replacement suggested is linkable headings as described in this article. Here is the Confluence Roadmap for additional details.)"

Regards, Dominic

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

To clarify, this is only in the new experience - if you can use Classic editor, you can still create anchors.

Ste

Like # people like this

how can i switch back to the old editor?

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

The correct Link is: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html?_ga=2.131133455.1619059964.1574441589-1640528000.1569291276#ConfluenceEditingImprovements-Newandupdatedfeatures

There you will find informations about Linkable Headings.

On the other question: It is not possible, to rollback to the old editor.

once i did the linking as explained in the above link 

and now when trying to edit my document it is taking forever to load 

i can provide video if required 

and internet speed is 45 to 50 mbps 

please please i have a project to submit and this software is not allowing me to do at all 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2019

Is the problem still persistent? 

What happens, if you delink everything, does the page load faster than with the links? Is it just slow, or doesn't open for edit at all?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events