how to paste tab-delimited text into a table

Kai July 24, 2020

With the new editor, which is in many respects a lot worse than the old one, I don't seem to be able to convert tab-delimited text to tables, no matter whether I copy-paste it in an existing table or into a blank space and attempting to convert it later .

What's happening here? Does Atlassian really want to dumb us down to their extremely low new standards where you have only one - excrutiatingly cumbersome - way to do things?

4 answers

4 votes
Andrew Wilkinson June 16, 2022

Pasting into Excel or Google Sheets and then copying that into the Jira editor seems to work quite well for me, but it seems clunky to have to do it that way.

anish.patel January 18, 2023

what a tip, this works great!

Like mm4rt1n3z likes this
mm4rt1n3z
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 2, 2023

Best tip ever!

2 votes
Jim Ryan June 29, 2021

We are having the same problem. Atlassian continuously removes functionality that used to exist and was very useful in favor of "pretty" interfaces that are simple but can't do anything.

But hey, at least they didn't mark this question as "SOLVED" by saying they're not going to fix it!

On the other hand, they're not going to fix it.

1 vote
Matt Brauer March 21, 2024

This is why I despise Confluence.

jeffrey_wright April 6, 2024
  • me
  • too

1 vote
Audrey Shull September 9, 2020

My team is also searching for a way to do this. We have found a few paths to do it, but it is extremely cumbersome and requires using Excel or Word or some other intervening step.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events