how to custom status macro?

PEB November 26, 2019

Hi,

I'm a new user on confluence. I would like to custom a "status" macro in order to propose to users already defined choices like :

- red : not started

- yellow : In Work

- green : released...

Can you help me to do this please ?

Thanks.

PEB

4 answers

1 vote
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2020

Hi @PEB ,

Due to the default Status macro doesn't allow creating predefined status sets, we're going to release a new Handy Status macro which allows to add as many status sets as you need and switch them in the page view mode with ease.

I'll notify you when the app is approved.

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2020

Hi @PEB ,

We've released the Cloud version of the Handy Macros app.

You can try the Handy Status macro to customize your status list and switch statuses easily from the pre-defined list.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2020

Hello @PEB !
Seeing that what you need is a set of pre-defined statuses for your Confluence users to select from, I can tell you that our Status Macro does not support this feature.

I can see that your question is a few months old, but allow me to add some information to this thread. Maybe we can help more people who fall into thread with the same need!

In Confluence Cloud, we will need to check for a few of the Marketplace apps that could help us with this procedure. I was able to find two that may serve this purpose:

For anyone coming from Confluence Server, this objective can be achieved via User Macros. There is an older thread that tackles how to do it here:

If people from server need some insight on what User Macros are, here is our documentation on them:

I hope this helps you out.

0 votes
PEB November 29, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback Manisha, but that did not answer entirely to my question.

I would like that users of this template only choose a status (with already defined label and color) instead of typing it and then select the color.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2019

Hi @PEB ,

You can set the status macro using the below steps:

1. Open the Confluence page and click on the Edit link.

2. Include the status macro.
comm5.jpg3. Add the status and color based on your requirements.

comm7.jpgThen publish the page. Hope this helps you!

Thanks,
Manisha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events