Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

globally disable page edit notifications in a space or the whole site

jim mason January 23, 2020

As site admin, I need to globally disable page edit notifications in a space or the whole site

I found this tip but it doesn't look like it works for Confluence Cloud.  The notifications shown are enabled and not editable by the site admin

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-globally-disable-e-mail-notifications-with-page-content-718670714.html

Any great ideas how to fix this ??

Thanks very much

Jim

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Hi @jim mason

I'm not sure it's possible to turn off notifications per Space or Site - it's up to each user what email notifications they receive via:

• Following or unfollowing a Space, Page or User
  • What additional emails (eg. Daily Updates) they receive via Settings > Email

What is the use case? For example, if it was just for making major updates to Spaces, see a few options I provided in this answer :)

You can also vote for the feature request here: CONFCLOUD-57677

Ste

0 votes
Info Box February 2, 2023

Our use case is this: We have a space with security confidential information. Every time a change is made, the entire page containing this secret information is sent as an email; which can be exposed if email accounts are compromised.

We need a way to enforce no watchers or emails sent from the entire space.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Info Box 

This is still a feature request, but now under a few different suggestions - vote for/watch CONFCLOUD-38187 or CONFCLOUD-41502 

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events