Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export to html is failing; can't find log files to diagnose

Meg Miranda December 3, 2019

exporting our whole confluence cloud space to HTML.  

fails with "there is an error in the report. Please check your log files."

I can't seem to find this log file.

-meg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello Meg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's great to meet you!

This error could be caused by a single page in your space. You can try by doing a custom export and only export chunks of pages at a time until you reach the page that has an issue.

Otherwise, your log files are stored privately on our end. We can have a look for you if you raise a ticket on our support portal, support.atlassian.com.

Regards,

Shannon

Meg Miranda December 5, 2019

did you have any tips or patterns that you all see that could cause problems on a page?

we have like 200 articles in the section that is failing the worst

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Meg,

Sometimes I've seen this issue if a particular attachment is corrupt or not readable, for example.

Another issue that could occur is if you have any pages that have a lot of macros on them. In that circumstance, I'm talking about users who have tens of Jira issues macros, for example. If you had pages like this you might experience performance issues when browsing to them.

One more issue I remembered is pages where the content was copied and pasted from elsewhere, inadvertently adding code to the page that Confluence wasn't able to handle.

Your best bet, to save you all that time and effort, is to contact the support team directly so we can have a look at your log file. It will tell us exactly the issue that your site is encountering.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 10, 2020

Hello, Meg!

Hope you are well.

I was wondering if you could let me know if you were able to resolve this issue? I see that you didn't raise a ticket with the support team, so I was curious to see if you resolved it on your end, and what the issue was.

Thank you,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events