Why can't anonymous users with View All access see the Blog entries?

Eirik Wulff November 7, 2019

We have a Confluence site with anonymous access enabled. Everyone can see all pages, but if they click the Blog link, nothing shows up. An anonymous user can access blog entries by direct link, but the blog submenu just doesn't show for those users.

Is there anyway to fix this? ASAP?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eirik Wulff November 7, 2019

We found a temporary solution by making a separate page and using the 'last blog entries' macro, but the blog menu item should probably be fixed.

Dara November 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing the workaround! Weird issue indeed. 

1 vote
Dara November 8, 2019

My first thought is that this might be a security thing. Would make sense really that there are some restrictions in access for anonymous users. I can't really find any information on this anywhere really. I would suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian, they might have some more internal information on this, or simply not be aware that it is an issue. If they do choose to treat this like a bug (or a feature request), post the link to the ticket here afterwards, then others who want can also vote on it ;).

Eirik Wulff November 8, 2019

Good idea! I just created a ticket with Atlassian to report the issue. If it ends up in the JIRA, I will link it up below.

Like Dara likes this
0 votes
Eirik Wulff November 10, 2019

The issue has been added to the existing case concerning the same on API calls: CONFCLOUD-68102 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events