Where is the Expand Macro? Confusing documentation?

Albert Salgiriev March 18, 2022

Hello,

I am reading this documentation page about the expand macro (*here).

The article states

"This macro was intentionally removed from the new editor and was replaced with an element available from the Insert menu or from the slash command ( / ) ."

What is the new name of the expand macro?

To add the Expand macro:

1. When editing , select from the toolbar

2. Find the item to be inserted and select it

3. Select Insert

What ist the name of the item?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

Hi @Albert Salgiriev , welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Expand macro still works, just type /expand in a Confluence page in edit mode and hit Enter. It will then display the expand box where you kan give it a titel and insert the text block.

Give it a try, thanks to accept my answer if it resolves your question.

Albert Salgiriev March 18, 2022

Hi Dave, thank you for your reply. After I type /exp nothing appears anymore and therefore nothing happens after I hit enter.
We have the cloud version and I am currently editing a confluence page.
Does /expand belongs to an additional pack of macros that maybe are not activated? 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

No, it doesn't, so it's strange that you are experiencing this issue. Are you the only one of is this a problem for every Confluence user? I would create an Atlassian support request in that case.

Like # people like this
Albert Salgiriev March 21, 2022

Sorry Dave, everything I use is in English, except Confluence it's in German. Therefore no /expand, instead we have "/erweitern".  

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2022

Hi Albert, glad to see it resolved. Indeed, using another language in Confluence also translates the macros. I have the same "issue" in Dutch and French. :-)

Like Albert Salgiriev likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events