What happened to the Code macro?

Chris Tully November 18, 2019

I just went add a new page to our Wiki and was for the first time forced into the new editor. It was bad enough to have some tools renamed so that I could not find them....

For example, I was used to going to the dialog listing and searching for "cod" to fine the Code macro. Doing that in the new editor turns up nothing. I finally noticed that there is now a Code Snippet macro on the menu, so I no longer have to search for it. 

But having features taken away is supremely frustrating. In the old editor, I could set the background for my code snippets to black, and I could turn line number on or off it will, and I could set a title. In the new editor all three options are missing. I can set the code language or delete the snippet, but that is it.

How do I access the missing features?

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

As you discovered, the code macro was removed from the new editor and replaced with the Code Snippet command (type /code).

We have a feature request for further customization within the Code snippet: 

• CONFCLOUD-66437 Allow further customization of the "Code" macro in the new editor

If you notice any other features are missing, have a look at the Cloud Editor Roadmap and there may be a feature request or bug for that missing feature.

Have a look at Atlassian Marketplace in the meantime. There are a few code block add-ons that you can use in the meantime that allow for the type of customization that's missing from the new editor.

Regards,

Shannon

Chris Tully March 4, 2020

In my opinion, pointing a customer to the Market Place for community contributed replacements for a deleted feature is a cop out. Clearly the new editor was not fully finished before it was pushed out in the wild and forced on everyone.

Like Thilo Ketzscher likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events