Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can Decisions be used for in meeting notes?

Chase Nachtmann October 10, 2018

This exact same decisions section has recently been added to our meeting notes without any changes from us, and appears to be part of the recent "Editing Improvements" discussed here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html#ConfluenceEditingImprovements-workarounds

Confluence Decision Meeting Notes.PNG

The confusing part of this is that you can create two types of "decisions":

• using the decisions blueprint, which creates a page that is captured by the decisions log
  • using the in-text macro <>, that creates a "decision" thing on a page that appears to just be a fancy formatting feature that lets you tag people and inform them

You would naturally think that the two are the same based on the shared name (I just spent two hours looking into it trying to make the decision log work with this macro), but they appear to have nothing to do with each other.

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2018

Hi Chase,

I converted your answer on Linda's question What can Decisions be used fore in meeting notes? to a new question, since it seems your issue is a bit different from her question. Her example was on Confluence Server where this new feature does not yet exist. It appears on her template it just had a separate section added, and isn't the exact same template you're looking at.

It is quite confusing indeed that there appear to be two separate types of decisions. I have left that feedback with our developers.

I found the following feature request that's requesting that the Decisions made in Meeting Notes should also be aggregated somewhere:

It would be really helpful if you can comment there with your confusion and vote on the issue to help get it more visibility.

Thank you for our help!

Shannon

Chase Nachtmann October 23, 2018

Good idea, thanks. I've put a comment on that feature request.

Brenda Strech April 9, 2019

I have also commented and voted on this ticket. There seems to be no traction on this.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2019

Hi Brenda,

Welcome to Community and thank you for your vote!

It seems to have a large number of votes and is quickly gaining traction, just seems to have slowed within the last month.

Thankfully by having this thread here, we can get more people interested in the feature, and maybe see it in the future.

Take care,

Shannon

Eric Baumes June 7, 2019

+1 Yes please add decisions from individual pages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 11, 2019

HI, @Eric Baumes! Thank you for the feedback. Please make sure that you vote on the feature request itself, so we can be sure to include your vote! Again, the link is below:

Thank you again!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Danielle Gavino likes this
Danielle Gavino June 11, 2019

agreed, not able to vote on that other page

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2019

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your support! You need to make sure you are logged into the site in order to vote on the request. Look in the top right-hand corner of the page and make sure it doesn't say Log In or else you will need to login.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Jesse Ocon June 13, 2019

+1 Yes please add decisions from individual pages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 14, 2019

Thanks, Jesse!

Please also make sure to include a vote on the ticket itself, (CONFCLOUD-62245), so we can have your support!

Regards,

Shannon

michael sam June 5, 2020

Please add a vote I would also like to know how we can separate decision log vice having a shared log?

If that isn't possible, is there a filter that I can use to only view my team decisions etc?

3 votes
Andrew Legrand May 26, 2020

I also was wondering what the fancy "Decision" macro was, and realized that it's just fancy way of making a bulleted list? I haven't really found any useful help on it.

0 votes
Andriy Osemchuk March 5, 2020

+1 

Already upvoted in JIRA

0 votes
Srdjan Stankovic December 20, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events