What can Decisions be used fore in meeting notes?

Linda Hassing September 19, 2018

It does not appear in Decisions log?Capture.PNG

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hi Linda,

The Decisions Log keeps track of decisions added using the Decisions Blueprint.

I'm looking at my Meeting Notes Blueprint but I'm not seeing any Decisions section listed. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 5.18.14 PM.png

Can you confirm if you perhaps edited the template to include that section? What version of Confluence are you using?

Regards,

Shannon

Linda Hassing September 21, 2018

Hi

Thanks for your answar.

My blueprint for meeting notes has a decision log. When i use it i expect it to be added to the folder "Decision log" but it does not. I use the 6.9 version

Regards Linda 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Linda,

I'm able to confirm that in Confluence 6.9, the Meeting Notes blueprint does not contain a Decisions section by default. Therefore, the section must have been added by one of your administrators.

The reason it's not working is because the Decisions Log uses the Page Properties Report Macro to display information. The Decisions Blueprint includes a Page Properties Macro in order to collect the information about the decision.

If you want your Meeting Notes to have that functionality, then I would recommend you to review the above articles regarding Page Properties Report Macro and Page Properties Macro for details on how to use them within a page.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Answer accepted
Linda Hassing September 23, 2018

Thanks Shannon, I will try that.

Br Linda

Robert Grapes December 6, 2018

I am having the same issue. Confluence Cloud was recently updated and now my Meeting Notes blueprint includes a "Decisions" section at the bottom (see image below). I did not add this. However, any data entered into that Decisions section remains only in the meeting notes ... not rolled into the Decision Log. This is not intuitive at all.

Decision.png

Like # people like this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Robert!

Could you make sure to include it in the request below?

Regards,

Shannon

Like # people like this
0 votes
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 29, 2021

In relation to the original question, "what can decisions be used for in meeting notes", I've written an article about all things meeting notes focused on Cloud, including a section on the Confluence decision macro(unable to link it directly, please scroll down to '4. Weekly meeting notes').

Personally I think decisions and the decision report are simple but very effective macros, and over time when you record more and more decisions, you get out value of this. Especially with the reports. You can use them to show a list of all decisions taken on meetings. The decisions report has many filter options and allows you for example to show all decisions taken in meetings with a specific Label or under a specific Parent page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events