Users are not able to access Confluence using their portal, when they click on the button to switch

Raj Kumar March 6, 2019

Users are not able to access Confluence using their portal, when they click on the button to switch applications it only shows JIRA and Confluence is no longer appearing.

Can you please advise what occurred and how we can resolve?

But if the user is jira and also Confluence user he is able to access.  when he is user only in confluence he is not able to see confluence option switch to.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hey Rajkumar,

Can you describe what you mean by users accessing their portal?

The application switcher in the left sidebar
image.png

is the primary way for users to switch between applications. They will only be able to access applications they are licensed for (which you can check in the Site Administration area at yourinstance.atlassian.net/admin )

If users are starting out someplace other than Jira or Confluence, a screenshot or URL would be handy information to help determine what is happening.

On March 4 (Monday) we saw an issue where some users were unable to access Confluence Cloud for a short period of time. I'm not sure if potentially some of your users were affected by this and it just took a couple days for the reports to get processed? If this was the case, it should be resolved for those users currently.

Thanks,
Daniel

Jennifer Bennett April 4, 2019

Hey Daniel, Something similar is happening for us today.

We have added a new user who has access permissions for Confluence and a specific space (as shown in screencaps)

When he logs in, he is placed in Jira (no access) and the app switch icon is missing from the sidebar.

When I login as him, I can see the app switcher. 

He can't get to Confluence because the app switch icon is missing. Is there any other way for him to access it?

User'sExperience.pngMyPermissiosView.png

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2019

Hey Jennifer,

That's odd behavior, as we'd expect the user to be able to see the app switcher. What's really strange is that it works as expected for you. Are they using a different browser or potentially have an adblocker that's dropping pieces of javascript?

In any case, you can get them directly to Confluence by appending /wiki to the URL - yourinstance.atlassian.net/wiki

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Jennifer Bennett April 9, 2019

It is! And "view as user" has never let me down before. I checked and they were using Chrome and did not have any add ons. This happened to a second client this week as well. I did figure out the direct link solution but wanted to report it anyways since it isn't working as intended. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events