cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to insert (display) image already attached to the page

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

I've just come across a problem with Confluence Cloud and am wondering if there's a work around. I am seeing this on pages with the new editor (both converted and fresh pages)

When I want to insert an image, clicking on the image icon in the formatting ribbon opens a window to select a file from my computer, instead of allowing me first to choose Attached to this page, Images from the web, or Search on other pages.

Basically I'm not seeing what's in the screenshot in the last answer of this discussion.

I am not trying to insert the image into a macro, just regular on the page.

I could re-upload the file, but that's a bit of a pain (will need to download, then re-upload to display, then clean-up attachment that can't be displayed).

Is this a change with the new editor?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2022

@Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ sorry today, but I can confirm your suspicions are correct. The new editor removed those options. I often look for the attachment URL and just re-use that if the advice helps.

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

Bit of a bummer, but at least it's no longer a mystery.

Per Olofsson May 31, 2023

Thanks for clarifying, I was looking for this function, but failed to find it. Used it in server, but apparently not in cloud...

It makes you wonder why it was removed?

Also why border or height/width options have been removed? The alignment options are sketchy to say the least.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events