Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tables: How to move, cut, paste rows and columns in new editor?

Hi everyeone,

it seems that the 'new editing' experience has removed the buttons for cutting, copying and pasting table rows and columns.

Dear Atlassian team, can you PLEASE reinstate those features? They are crucial for the user-experience. Without them, the new editor is really just making things worse.

If that's not possible, can you at least tell me how to move back to the previous editing experience? Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Sharon Helms Community Leader Dec 06, 2019

Hi @Daniel Brumund ,

In the new Confluence editor, the options for tables are now within the table itself. I've included an image below. When you put your cursor in a particular cell, you'll see a little icon in the right-corner of the cell. That's the Cell options menu. Click on it and you'll see options for adding or removing rows and columns.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 2.46.16 PM.png

Hope this helps -- Sharon

Please note that this answer does NOT solve the problem. I am well aware of the new table menu that opens up within the table.

The problem is that this menu does NOT include options to cut/copy/paste rows and columns. Therefore, this new editor is really not working for me - and many others who, quite frankly, expect these features to be in the new editor.

So, to whoever 'accepted' this answer: I'd kindly ask you to take that back and refer to your developers team regarding the actual issue.

Thank you.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

534 views 15 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you