Some images do not show up after publishing new changes on a page

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2019

Hello All,

Hope this mail finds you well. First of all, happy new year to all of you! :)

I noticed an issue while editing a Confluence Cloud page. In fact, I tried to add some images in the page below, but when we publish the changes, the new images:

1. either does not show up;

2. or shows the message "Broken image"

I tried to delete some attachments in the page (by following this tutorial https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/manage-files-724765113.html) but I did not get any change. In addition, I tried clearing the Chrome and Firefox caches (they are both in their latest versions), but did not get any answer. IE11 does not seem to show Confluence pages since few days (I guess it is my computer's issue), but it images shown up very well before (while not showing up for Chrome and Firefox). 

Could you help us to solve this issue please?

Thank you in advance :)

Best regards, 

Boris

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Supreet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2019

Hello Boris,

It seems that your instance is being impacted by a known bug where copy & paste fails intermittently and end up showing as Broken Image. You can check the bug report on the link below:

Copy paste image showing as broken image after the page is published

Meanwhile, you can definitely use the workaround by uploading the attachment and then use as a macro :)

Cheers,

Supreet Kaur

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Hello Supreet, 

Thank you very much for your answer and your help regarding this issue. I now watch the bug to be noticed when there will be an update.

Regards,

Boris

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2019

There is a more in depth response on this one included at this link. It seems to occur when the users are not performing the operation 100% (i.e. various ways to include images in Confluence).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Images-Networking-DB-Programming/qaq-p/982696

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hello, all!

This bug has now been closed because it was only affecting the legacy editor. Thankfully, it did not affect the new editor!

I'm referring to this Jira issue:

• CONFCLOUD-64740 Copy paste image showing as broken image after the page is published

As our focus has been on the development of the new editor, you'll have the option to continue to create pages in the legacy editor. However, as we've stated in our public roadmap, there are some downsides to continuing to use the legacy editor as we won't be addressing bugs in the legacy editor unless it's a major incident.

To provide transparency on this decision, we have updated this bug's status to Won't Do. Should this bug be reclassified as a major incident, we will revisit this bug. Thank you for your feedback.

If you happen to encounter a similar issue, but in the new editor, it's probably a different issue.  You can let us know about that in a new Community thread or a support ticket.

Thank you again, and take care!

Shannon

1 vote
Dilraj Singh November 18, 2022

This happens all the time. 

You make a doc with really important screenshots and files uploaded, and then it just disappears without telling you anything. 

Mad annoying. 

If you are a developer, I suggest dragging the images to GitHub READMEs first... It creates a link in case it ever goes away. 

1 vote
Moriah Scoble June 6, 2019

Can I get more details on how to perform the workaround described by Supreet? "Meanwhile, you can definitely use the workaround by uploading the attachment and then use as a macro :)"

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2019

Hello Moriah, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

When you are in edition mode on your Confluence page, you can:  

• click on the "Insert files and images" (first attachment) logo (or perform a Ctrl + M on the keyboard)

insert_files_images.png

• click on "Upload files"

upload_files.png

• choose your image and click on "Open" in the showing window

open.png

• click on "Insert"

insert.png.

Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Boris

0 votes
Axel Van den Bosch February 16, 2022

I sometimes copy images out of my Trello cards and past them in a Confluence page.  These images still are stored in Trello (and shown on the Confluence page).  I always can see the pictures because I am logged in in Trello, colleagues cannot see the pictures.

now I just take a screenshot of the picture and pasted it on Confluence as a work around.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 21, 2019

Hello Boris,

I noted that you have gotten in touch with our Cloud Support team, who may be of better assistance to you, since they're able to see your site logs.

Once you've been able to resolve the issue with the engineer, could you pass on the details of the resolution here? It will greatly help users in the future, should they run into this issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2019

Hello Shannon, 

It is well noted on my end, thank you very much for your answer. 

@Supreet from Atlassian Team gave some details below.

Regards,

Boris

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2019

I see, thank you! :) I'll mark that as the correct answer. Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events