cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images Networking/DB/Programming

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2019

Hola. Salut. Hi.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/configuring-attachment-size-724765525.html

The default setting for pictures in Confluence is 100MB as defined from the Product Support team at Atlassian in above link.

The pixel calculation from any/all image editors will calculate your resolution in a variety of formats. The bigger and more pixels/dots per inch the heavier/larger the image.

The way I understand our current networking/DBs/programming is that it will shrink the image to a thumbnail for storage and then expand the image as needed. I believe that this sequencing on the math to make priorities in necessary bandwidth/storage/speed? It also might be that the method of inserting images could cause issues with accuracy in the long run

Example: tool bar insert versus copy/paste versus link etc

The reason the copy/paste drop/drag method is still being used is the functionality worked with WORD before and most editors used that tool before moving to the luxurious Confluence. I found that copy/paste with the mouse is a tool for limited use because of accuracy with the parsing of the data. CTRL C & CTRL V seem to be more accurate. 

Also, this issue seems to be relevant to users as images sometimes change direction.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-17621?_ga=2.139572979.1331353716.1547568371-223079632.1547211089

Any developers want to chime in on any of this R & D on this for Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hello there Carlisle!

This is a good discussion you got started here. Maybe we could have this here, in the discussion section of Community:

Start a Discussion

Having a discussion can encourage people to interact and come up with something new! Discussions are based on opinions, experience and interaction. Since we are not looking for a definitive answer right away but rather have and input to come up with something, posting there can be a good idea!

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

OK. Let me move that one to that location.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events