Show jira linked issues belonging to specific epic and their due dates

tv0110 March 16, 2021

I want to make a Confluence page that tracks my Jira tickets and the issues that are linked to those tickets. Till now I have done this:

project= ABC AND "Epic Link"= 'Epic1' AND status != 'closed'

I want to create a table that has Jira- key, summary, tasks, due date, status and linked issues and due dates of linked issues

I want to make sure that I show linked issues that are only linked to the current epic (that is Epic1) and also show the due dates of these issues.

I have tried doing this:-

project= ABC AND "Epic Link"= 'Epic1' AND status != 'closed' AND issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf(" "Epic Link" = Epic1 ") 

but it doesn't seem to understand this issueFunction in or issue in

Can someone please help me out

3 answers

0 votes
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

Hi @tv0110 

Thank you for your question.

In JIRA Cloud you can only use the issueFunction() JQL function provided by ScriptRunner on the Enhanced Search page as described in the documentation here.

This is due to the way that Atlassian restrict how the JQL functions can interact with their infrastructure meaning we must run them in a sandbox process.

This is also documented here for your reference.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Kate

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2021

Hello @tv0110 

Welcome to the community.

Please clarify the parameters of the list you are trying to extract.

Looking at your first filter - that will get you a list of all the issues that are "children" of your Epic. Children are a special type of "link".

When you say you want the linked to your tickets, are you talking about the generic issue links like Duplicates and Relates To?

Are you looking for the issues that are linked to the Epic, or linked to the child issues in the Epic?

If you can provide an example of the issues and links that you are trying to retrieve that would also be helpful.

As @Curt Holley said, use of "issueFunction" requires that you have Scriptrunner installed on your JIRA instance. That is not a default function of JIRA.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

If you don't have scriptrunner, then I think you will have to name each link type that you are wanting in scope.

Something like: 

project= ABC AND "Epic Link" = Epic1 and status != Closed or (issueIsDependentOn = Epic1 OR issueIsDuplicatedBy = Epic1)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events