Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove Activity Feed

Just tidying up some spaces in our Confluence page. Is there any way to remove the Activity Feed? It just looks cluttered and there is no purpose in our customers seeing every new edit that administrators have made.

Thanks,

A

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 4.22.03 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Allison Beaudry ,

There's no way to control the navigation items displayed, but you can create a separate custom homepage that will be the default landing page at login. It's what I'm currently doing specifically because our employees don't want to see the feed either.

Settings - Further Configuration - Site HomePage.

Basically you setup (or use an existing) space and enter it here, and your Overview page for the space becomes your new homepage/landing page.

Atlassian is rolling out a new homepage format with their new navigation which will allow users to rollup (hide) the Activity feed on the page.

If you find that this answer solves or meets your needs, please mark it as Accepted so that others in the Community with the same or similar questions can more easily find it. Thanks!

Darryl

@Darryl St_ Pierre  and @Allison Beaudry 

I have created a new Home Page and made it our new home page.  However, people not part of our company can still access the HOME which shows the feed.  Is there any way to get rid of this across the top for anonymous access users?  How have you set this up to get around it?  You can see in our instance how even though we've created a new home page and set it as the home page, there still exists across the top "Home". When they click on this, anonymous users can see our Activity Feed.  I want to eliminate this possibility completely if possible.  Any suggestions?

2021-03-16 (3)_LI.jpg2021-03-16 (4)_LI.jpg

The activity feed provides little value to my organization's users who are typically public and not contributing to the site.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

635 views 16 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you