Open a page in edit mode

Nigel Brown September 1, 2021

Is there a way I can open a link straight in edit mode? As tasks progress I edit the action item to confirm where it's at, and being able to click on the link highlight and it taking me straight to the action item is great, but then I have to go into edit mode to make those notes, and scroll back down to the item to edit it, so it would be great if there was a way to open it directly in edit mode at that spot, is it possible?

Thanks

2021-09-02 09_27_47-Clipboard.png

2 answers

1 vote
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Nigel Brown You can of course open a confluence page directly in edit mode. You just right click on edit button of the page you want to edit→ "Copy Link Address" and bookmark that URL or create link of it on another page. Next time you just need to open the bookmark or the link you created and it will open the page directly in edit mode. 

You won't be able to jump to specific section of the page but yes you can achieve the edit mode like this.

Hope this helps.

Nigel Brown September 3, 2021

Thanks Kishan, sounds like a great way to access long living pages, appreciate the tip

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Nigel Brown ,

I don't think this is possible as it's an automatic feature from the "Task Report" macro. Usually people will stay in "Read" mode, and just tick the task box when it's completed. 

You could also add notes with the inline comments : this way you don't have to switch to edit mode.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Nigel Brown September 2, 2021

Thanks Alexis, yes it’s great to be able to complete them, just a little clunky to update but the inline comments sound like it may work so I’ll give that a look.

Thanks again.

Nigel

Nigel Brown September 6, 2021

Unfortunately the inline comments don't work on action items, however they'll be great for when documents are being reviewed so the info won't be wasted. Thanks2021-09-07 14_56_55-Greenshot image editor.png 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events