Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making copy does not save draft

nadine.lowe March 6, 2020

Hi, I hope someone can assist me with this.

I create a copy of a page and am:

1. Unable to edit the Page Title

2. It does not save when I close it

Has anyone experienced this and know how I can resolve this

Please help!!

3 answers

0 votes
nadine.lowe March 9, 2020

Thanks for the responses. I have had a look and I believe we have a very old version but waiting to confirm this, although this should not be the reason for this happening, should it? Version is 

Confluence 1000.0.0-c81848d24f9b

Will wait for response on the version question.

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

I have the same version as you but it works fine for me. I believe this is also the latest !

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @nadine.lowe

I tried this on our Confluence Cloud and it works fine for me - even if it's copied from a legacy page.

I would suggest as it not happening across all instances you contact https://support.atlassian.com/ for help :)

Ste

nadine.lowe March 9, 2020

Thanks.I have contacted support and will await the outcome

0 votes
Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

Hello, this is really odd. 

I imagine that once you copy the page you see a "Clone of page X" page in the designated space. Does it not allow you to edit the title but allows you to edit the body but discards the changes? 
Could it be that you have some underlying automation?

nadine.lowe March 6, 2020

I clone the page and edit it and make the required changes, except for changes to the Page title, I can remove characters but unable to type them back. 

Once done, I close it and then it usually saves in drafts, which it is not doing anymore so nothing is saved and all changes are lost.

Zoi Raskou
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2020

I haven't come across this either. As Stephen suggested it might be worth bringing this to Atlassian's attention. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events