Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Confluence Cloud to JIRA Cloud under different domains

Nigel Pink December 3, 2019

I have a JIRA Cloud instance set up and want to link it to a Confluence Cloud instance that sits under a different group/ownership e.g.

• JIRA: mycompany.atlassian.net
  • Confluence: mycompanytools.atlassian.net

The reason they are owned and configured separately is historical, but now I want to be able to create pages in confluence displaying information from the JIRA Cloud instance we now have.

I have tried using application links, but believe this only works for server applications and browsed the marketplace looking for a solution, but have come up empty.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Nigel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

The process to link two Cloud sites together is the same. You can start either from the Jira site or the Confluence site. Enter the URL you wish to link to, and complete the steps. Make sure to check if you're the same admin on both sites. It will be easiest if you're admin on both sites with the same username, otherwise it'll require the admin from the other site to create a reciprocal link later.

Can you let me know if you had already tried this process and if you're running into any issues? I just was able to confirm it works both while starting from the Jira side and the Confluence side, so I can help you out if you run into any problems.

Regards,

Shannon

Mahilal Peiris June 27, 2022

Hi Shannon,

Greetings!

I'm having the same issue. ( sorry for bumping an old thread) 

I tried copying the link to add the Jira knowledge base, didn't work.

can you let me know how to add the reciprocal link please? 

Thank you

Like Abhi Singh likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events