Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to export a complete space to a folder structure, with each page as individual PDF?

Bert Muylaert February 7, 2020

We would like to archive our project confluence project information but still want it in readable and searchable document form. Also, we don't want it as one big PDF for one space.

What would be ideal is a folder structure, which represents the structure of the pages (as shown on the left in Confluence), and a PDF export of the page itself, including the comments, actions, etc. It would be super if all the attachments would also be copied into the folder structure. 

Anybody ever seen something like this?

Grtz

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Bert Muylaert 

Edit: I meant to say there is no option to export to PDF per page, it is only everything in one PDF. 

Have you tried exporting to HTML?

It creates a big zip file, but you can extract to a folder and run index.html through your browser, which shows the structure you would normally see on the left side of the page in Confluence. 

Also all pages are linked exactly how they would be in confluence, just running out of your folder. 

Each page is searchable, although you don't have a global search, but then again you could use your PC or File Explorer to search stuff.

All attachments are there on the page at the bottom. 

Like with a PDF export you can specify the pages you want to export with HTML. 

I guess you could find an app (outside of Atlassian than can batch convert every HTML file to PDF and that would resolve your problem (I think), but as individual HTML pages the solution is there. 

Save to HTML 1.pngSave to HTML 2.png

-Mike

Guillaume Wolf July 17, 2023

Thanks !

0 votes
Lucy Minato February 9, 2020

@Bert Muylaert,

I export one of our spaces into separate PDF files but it's a bit of a manual task. In the screen shot above from Mike, I choose PDF for the format and then Custom Export, and then clink on the parent page(s) that I want in the PDF. I have to do this a number of times to get the correct PDF files generated. I don't know if this would include the comments, actions, etc, as we don't use these.

Lucy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events