Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a macro to display the page version number?

duncan.baillie March 5, 2020

For server version there is a published macro but the online macro choice is very constrained. A version number seems like a fairly basic requirement.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2020

Hi @duncan.baillie 

There isn't and I also thought it would be a fairly basic requirement, but alas!-sian ;-)

You can though download a plugin, which I would highly recommend called QC Documents for Confluence Cloud and along with a macros for the version number, it also had a whole bunch of useful features for the Page Properties macro. 

version.jpg

Snag_861b8c77.png

-Mike

duncan.baillie March 9, 2020

@Mike Bowen thanks, good to know but I would need to convince the powers that be to download/pay for this which might in itself trigger a whole vendor on-boarding process for QC Analytics. Unfortunately.

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2020

Hi @duncan.baillie 

Yes, there is that problem... good luck! 

-Mike

0 votes
K Langford January 26, 2022

@duncan.baillie 

I work for a non-profit. We can't buy anything, but we have a need. I have an unorthodox, dare I say - morally questionable way to find things I need. You can open your own free/trial version of Confluence Datacenter. Most macros have a Trial/Free period. Install the macro for the trial period, implement it on a page, inspect its use with your browser (Developer mode/inspect option), and quite often you will see the CSS styling and/or code making the thing you are looking for possible.

Grab that code and place in your own Space Style Sheet, CSS macro, HTML macro, etc and quite often you can achieve the same results.

duncan.baillie February 4, 2022

Interesting suggestion! Not something I can propose though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events