Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the free version. Can I create a simple form macro?

Kirk Gonzalez August 31, 2021

Hi, 

I have the free cloud Confluence version. (It's just me, trying to learn some things on Confluence)

I was looking at the Service Rocket Scaffolding - Creating a Simple Form. Creating a Simple Form - Scaffolding Forms & Templates (servicerocket.com)

I was following the directions and got to the part where it said, "In the cell next to Name, create a Text macro," and it showed that I should type "{text" and a macro suggestion dialog would appear for me to select Text Data. 

The dialog did not appear for me. It looks like I'm only typing text.  Is it not possible for me to create macros, no matter how simple? I tried to look for other options, like going to the Admin Console window, but I can't get to that either. I thought I would be the admin since it's only my site, but maybe that is not a feature for the free version? 

Any help on how to complete this simple macro above is appreciated. Even knowing it can't be done is helpful, so I'm not wasting my time. 

Oh, by the way, I'm a complete newbie on Confluence. I used it as a technical writer for the source content at my last job, but I've not written in it before. I'm trying to learn as much as possible for my new job starting next week, where I'll be writing documentation in Confluence.

Thanks,

Kirk 

1 answer

0 votes
Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2021

Hi Kirk

First of all, what version of the app are you using? cloud or server?

There are differences between them, in Server to add a macro using the shortcut you press { + the macro name. In Cloud, you press / + macro name.

let me know which version you are using and I can guide you through it.

Aaron Pavez

Service Rocket App Team

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events