How to restrict a group or a user from viewing our KB that is linked to JSD?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi all,

One of our spaces is used for JSD knowledge base which can be viewed from the customer portal using email and password.

I invited a user which I want to limit for one space only, however, that user is still able to view our KB from within Confluence.

I created a specific group for that user and this group doesn't appear in our KB.

This group is only added to the space I want it to.

I cannot seem to block this user from viewing the KB articles.

Is there a way to block the user from viewing a space that is linked to JSD?

1 answer

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

Hi @Yogesh Mude 

I've done this and it doesn't work.

Confluence doesn't respect group level permission.

The user is in a unique group I've created which that group is only associated with one space.

However, that user can still browse another space because that KB space is linked to JSD  for our customers.

I think it's a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events