How to add page number to TOC

Deleted user April 7, 2017

Hi all, my name is Thomas and I'm responsible in my company for the knowledge base documentation.

I would like to change the formatting of the tables of content (TOC) because with the macro it looks rather, sorry for the wordy useless.

There are no page numbers and the text is very small after a PDF export.

My idea was to override the TOC with some CSS in the Global PDF Stylesheet to look more like the TOC below. Which is a standard TOC I don't understand why I'm not able to do something like this with the macro.

table-of-contents-word-2013.png

FYI, we are using the cloud version.

Kind regards,

Thomas

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

The reason you can't do it with the macro is that there are no page numbers on a web-page.  You can only work out what page numbers are going to occur when you print it to a specific format where the output sizing is well known.

However, yes, the output to pdf has a known weakness in that when you use it, it still doesn't make the ToC aware of the output pages, so it won't do it.

A lot of server users install things like Scroll PDF or Scroll Office, which fix it on export, but I'm afraid I think you are stuck on Cloud.

Deleted user April 7, 2017

Okay, so there isn't even a solution with the stylesheet? That Ican override the TOC?

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2018

Hi Thomas, Nic,

I just stumbled across this post - in the meantime both Scroll PDF Exporter and Scroll Office are available for Confluence Cloud, so please feel free to give them a try :-)

Cheers,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events