Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add files from another page?

Shannon Engler November 18, 2019

With the old editor, I was able to upload all my documents for a space to a file list for that space, and when I created a new page, I could just "add Files/Images" to the new page using the uploads from the file list. That way, when I wanted to insert a new version, I could just go to the file list and upload a new version. I like this method because it tracked all of my uploads as different version.

With the new editor, I cannot find a way to search for files on other pages/spaces in Confluence. The Files & Images button only gives me the option to upload new ones, or upload the same images or files I've uploaded to a specific page (not the file list) on any pages using the new editor. Or I can use Google Drive, Giphy, or Dropbox.

Additionally, I uploaded the documents to the file list and am not able to search for them to do a simple link any more either. I click the link button and it only lets me see pages I've recently been to or I can copy and paste a link. There is no search functionality.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is there a workaround that someone has found for this? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kiran Panduga {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Shannon Engler , 

Yes, Files & Images button only gives the option to upload new ones, or upload the same images or files available on Google Drive, Giphy, or Dropbox.

Uploading the documents/files to the Files & Images button will show them under the Recent uploads.

In the Recent uploads, you should be able to view all the uploaded documents/files in other pages and within space and in case they are missing, try in a different browser and make sure to clean the cache, cookies on the browser.

Using the link button, you will be able to link the pages but not the files/documents.

Thanks,

Kiran.

1 vote
Thomas Øhrbom November 19, 2019

Link Search is severely broken (see CONCLOUD-65363).

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

Hi @Shannon Engler 

I also stumbled across this and it's a mess that search function is not given in anymore (hopefully it's 'not yet').

There is a workaround mentioned by @Helen Gosper mentioned in this post here. It's more like a copy&paste of an existing page but it's working - hope this helps.

Good luck!

Shannon Engler November 19, 2019

This is ultimately what I ended up doing when I was struggling with it yesterday. Thank you!

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events