Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get attached word documents to display on a page

Tracey McKenzie November 24, 2022

We have a mixture of Word, and pdf files attached to a page.

When i try to display the attachments, the word documents (.docx files) do not display. If i convert the document to pdf, i can get it to display as expected.

I thought i was going mad, checked the table properties (screenshot 1) for the attachments several times, but when i go to view the page, nothing shows up (screenshot 2). 

How can i fix this, as there are many of our files that need to be displayed as word files.

confluence screenshot.pngRefined view.png

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Tracey McKenzie, and welcome to the community.

Can you please describe how you try to display the files on the page? It doesn't look like you tried the available Word macro in Confluence so far.

Best, Max

Tracey McKenzie November 27, 2022

Hi Max, thanks...

I click on the plus sign at the top of the edit page,attach.png

type attachments to get the list of attachments that are attached to the page, then

click on the table edit functionedit table.png

Filter for the file types to seeAttachment filter.png

Publish successfully, and the page looks like this:result.png

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Tracey McKenzie

I was able to display an attached .docx file within the macro. If you don't add a filename pattern, is the file listed in the macro? If not, can you please verify that the document is actually attached to the current page?

Xnip2022-11-28_09-09-39.png

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events