Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use a hyperlink on an image/icon?

Mark Lee February 25, 2020

I would like to use buttons or icons to link to external sites. I can add the link or icon just fine, however when I select the image, the hyperlink icon is disabled (greyed out). 

Any ideas? 

2 answers

2 accepted

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2021

Hello everyone,

I have good news! If you didn't already see it, it's now possible to use a hyperlink on an image.

To add a link to an image, simply select an image in the editor -> click on the link icon in the floating toolbar -> type in your link or use the in-product search dropdown that appears -> press enter to confirm. Voila! You’ve added a link to your image.

We hope you love it as much as we do.

Thanks for your feedback.

Give it a try, and if you have any trouble, please raise a new question or a support ticket, and we'll give you a hand!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

@Mark Lee  I think you are using New Editing Experience in Confluence Cloud. And This functionality is yet not available.

You can add link to 'emoticons' (inserted by typing : or by clicking emoji icon in toolbar)

There are plugin available for this in marketplace like, "Scroll ImageMap for Confluence"

Mark Lee February 26, 2020

Thanks @DPKJ, that's correct I'm using the New Editing Experience. Not availlable *yet*... does mean it's planned? Is there a publicly available roadmap where I can see what else is coming? 

Thanks again. 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Here is a link to roadmap - https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-cloud-editor-roadmap-967314556.html

Check 'Image is a link' in table on this page.

Like # people like this
Mark Lee February 26, 2020

Fantastic, thankyou!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events