How can I recover a deleted Space?

Alex Barski May 26, 2022

I have been using a free version of Confluence since November, however, stopped using it sometime in February, while still owning a space that I created with important information on it.
Unfortunately, I've tried accessing the space but it looks like it was deleted for some reason.

Any suggestions on how to recover the space

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

@Alex Barski Welcome to the Confluence Community. Sorry you crash landed here. Below is the detail on how free accounts are monitored and alerted to when an account may be purged due to inactivity. 

The good news is that if you accessed the site as recently as February, you may still be in the timeframe where the site can be restored and should immediately open a service ticket with Atlassian.

Cloud Free sites are deactivated after a period of inactivity. Activity simply means being on the product - example: viewing a Confluence page. The products are evaluated individually, so Confluence may be deactivated even though Jira on the same site is in use.

The timeline goes:

• 60 days of inactivity - email is sent to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Jump back in to <product name> to keep your subscription”
  • 90 days of inactivity - email is sent to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Your <product name> subscription will be cancelled in 30 days”
  • 113 days of inactivity - a tech alert email is sent the to tech contact, billing contact, site admin with the subject “[Action Required] Your <product name> subscription will be cancelled in one week”
  • 122 days of inactivity - site is deactivated and the tech contact, billing contact, and admin get an email with the title “[Important Notice] Your <product name> subscription has been deactivated”
    • The site can be restored during this period
  • 162 days of inactivity - the site is deleted
    • The site is not recoverable past this point

I hope this helps.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2022

Good info @Andy Gladstone . Thanks for sharing. 

Alex Barski May 28, 2022

Thanks, @Andy Gladstone and @Srinatha T for your detailed answers.

Like Srinatha T likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@Alex Barski please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

Like Srinatha T likes this
0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2022

Hi @Alex Barski ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Unfortunately there is no any way to restore a space in Confluence Cloud:

Deleting a space is permanent! It doesn't go to the trash and you can't recover it.

More details: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/delete-a-space-724764816.html

Thanks,

Srinath T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events